Sunshine Coast Brew Club

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nonicman

Slack Brewery
Reaction score
Seems there are a handfull of brewers on the Sunshine Coast (or slated to arrive) and AHB. I know of a couple local homebrewers, but not of any club. I only went to one meeting of the Northside Club in Sydney and found it invaluable with feed back, tasting great beers, and wide and very knowlegeable members passing on to the others.
The Brisbane Big Brew Day was a similar experience.

It might suit the area to have more informal style of meet on a Saturday over a BBQ or a weeknight event might be more popular, with a monthly or greater or less frequency. I'm willing to advertise such idea locally (in LHBS etc...) as would be expected, and have some very minor media contacts. Mrs Nonic has oked hosting such a meeting for a starter. Could even be a rotating brewday, tasting evening or whatever people are interested in? Any takers or ideas, PM or post. Thought I'd ask here before running around with some hair brained scheme. :beer:

Cheers,

Jason

G'day Jason,

I live in the land that fashion forgot and have been looking since 7pm for a HB club on the SunnyCoast. I used to brew at a microbrewery years ago on Sydneys Nth Beaches, Colonial Brewery. I've been making my own for ... 2 MONTHS! and it's taking me back to the days of copper kettles. Mind you, I'm a Kit'n'Kilo man who adds the goodies as the learning allows.

If you're keen for a beer to talk brewing with some of the other lads, I'm sure Mrs InCider will let me leave the foothills for a few hours.

Cheers,

Sean.
:chug:

Count me in as expected Jason,great idea.

Batz

Hey there

Fello sunshine coasters count me in. Any excuse for Weekly AGM or Monthly Ill be there. luv to come down from the mountian to talk beer drink beer see beeer luv beer. Just an extract man but trying partials on the road to AG (halaua)IM keen for a club meet PM please

Cheers Monkale ( AKA Jeff ) :party:

If we're ever stuck for a venue, I'll make my Man-shed available - but you'll need to come in costume: Stubby cooler, thongs or boots and bring some stories.

InCider.
:beerbang:

InCider said:
If we're ever stuck for a venue, I'll make my Man-shed available - but you'll need to come in costume: Stubby cooler, thongs or boots and bring some stories.

InCider.
:beerbang:
[post="126351"][/post]​

Ready :p

Batz

Me too, or is that now 4. So long as it is low key and never serious :angry: :D

My two car garage is a one car garage thanks to number 3 moving to a smaller home, my shed room is limited due to number 2 moving house and number 1 building a new home. So no room at present for get togethers, but who knows I might move to a bigger home with a 3 car garage and 3 bay shed and not tell the kids.

The batcave is always a venue

Serious Screwtop? It's not looking like it so far.......now where's Tidalpete?

Batz

Don't forget the "Pussers Tavern" in Caloundra :party: is open. Dress is matching thongs [Footware that is <_< ].

bindi said:
Don't forget the "Pussers Tavern" in Caloundra :party: is open. Dress is matching thongs [Footware that is <_< ].
[post="126376"][/post]​

Tentative date...more drum roll... 10th of June. :excl:

Venue: TBA.

Bring: 3 tallies per man and one stein.

Must have: Leave pass & driver.

Jealous of: Those with kegs.

InCider.

Tentative date...more drum roll... 10th of June. :excl:

Venue: TBA.

Bring: 3 tallies per man and one stein.

Must have: Leave pass & driver.

Jealous of: Those with kegs.

InCider.
[post="126545"][/post]​
[/quote]

Wife's birthday the 10th and 58 at that, yeah I know, old f#rts we are :p but young at heart us 'baby boomers' :lol: , I think the Monday is a public holiday? Mrs Windsor or whatever her title is b'day I think in Qld , any excuse :) .
I will see what I can arrange and get back to you guys.

Wife's birthday the 10th and 58 at that, yeah I know, old f#rts we are :p but young at heart us 'baby boomers' :lol: , I think the Monday is a public holiday? Mrs Windsor or whatever her title is b'day I think in Qld , any excuse :) .
I will see what I can arrange and get back to you guys.

On Board. Saturday is probably a commercial beer day. As more sophisticated Gents, a sunday is far more appropriate.

Auction for SCHoBC meeting date: 11th of June. :excl:

Auction for better name:

InCider.

nonicman said:
running around with some hair brained scheme. :beer:

Cheers,

Jason
[post="58627"][/post]​

Mate,

Thats what I did

and alls well so far.

As long as youve got people committed to help out or youre willing to do all yourself.

Our next big bash is our 1st Birthday on the 8/7/06 and its taken this long to get it rolling.

Im there

got leave pass from the cook and driver ( shes good to me ) keep me posted
Cheers monkale :beer:

Tidalpete? :( :(

Batz

Sadly, being on the wrong end of the Sunshine coast, you might not want me <_< . But if you would put up with a part time member that could come down for the odd brew meet, and maybe hold a long weekend one up here occassionally then I would put my name down.

cheers
Andrew

AndrewQLD said:
Sadly, being on the wrong end of the Sunshine coast, you might not want me <_< . But if you would put up with a part time member that could come down for the odd brew meet, and maybe hold a long weekend one up here occassionally then I would put my name down.

cheers
Andrew
[post="126841"][/post]​

The batcave would not be the same without you !
Looks as if we could do with a couple more members :beerbang:

Pete? :huh:

Batz

Hey, I'm in whatever wherever. So is it 11th at the Pussers? Welcome on board Andrew.

Hey Pete, where the bloody hell are ya!

The 11th I may just be able to make.

What about an Oktoberfest at the Batcave?

Bring what ever you have brewed,different beers day.

I'll do an Oktoberfest AG if people want.

Batz

Pete?? Pete?? :huh:

Latest posts

Back