Sunshine Coast And Environs Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Screwtop

Inspectors Pocket Brewery
Reaction score
When I left the Sunny Coast late in 2008 there were around a dozen AHB'ers scattered around the coast and hinterland and we could get the word around pretty easily if there was a get together or bulk buy or anything beerworthy happening. There are heaps now and even a half dozen here in Gympie. I know I've missed notifying a few recently re beer related stuff, so how's about a register so that brewers don't get left out when something is on in these parts. Well, it's probably ok to forget InCider :lol: but for the others a register seems like the way to go.

So what do you all think, worthwhile?

Screwy

I'd love to it. E-mail or club link on ahb?

I'd love to it. E-mail or club link on ahb?

If we share our email addy's and each set up an address book group, anyone can broadcast to the group. Maybe a Club Link, how do we go about setting that up? Anyone.

For the time being - the register:

InCider
Batz
Ratchie
Thefawnroux
Screwtop

If we share our email addy's and each set up an address book group, anyone can broadcast to the group. Maybe a Club Link, how do we go about setting that up? Anyone.

InCider
Batz
Ratchie
Thefawnroux
Screwtop
Shed101
TidalPete
Sav

Adding Sav,TP and Shed 101....

Edit: added Sav twice :rolleyes:

Good one Screwy,

InCider
Batz
Ratchie
Thefawnroux
Screwtop
Shed101
TidalPete
Sav
Roscoe
Thomas J

Sounds like a great idea putting my name on the list

InCider
Batz
Ratchie
Thefawnroux
Screwtop
Shed101
TidalPete
Sav
Roscoe
Thomas J
Brucce

Hey Gents - I've just sent a PM to Bonj, who is my authorised PC/Linux & OS2 Warp support technician for some thoughts on how to best administer this one.

Currently I believe the easiest way is to set up a gmail account with all of our email addresses as a group distribution list.

* We would all have access to the account to amend our addresses / remove & update and start a new topic by emailing to the distribution list.
* We would all receive on the distribution list.
* We can reply to the distribution list (the way we do for the Brewerhood that Bonj administers)

It's a bit clunky -especially having to send from a shared Gmail account. Any other thoughts?

Incider is a brewer <_<
sav

Probably should add Kymba to the list, he's just around the corner from me.....

Great news - Bonj, handsome cad and brewer about cyberspace he is, has offered to host an email address for us like the Brewerhood one, but just for us. So we need a name.

Suggestions:

SCAB - Sunshine Coast Area Brewers
Sunnycoasters
Sunshine Coast Area & Environs Brewers
The Lonely Hops Club Band

etc, etc. Email address will be whateverwedecideon@bigfathooker.com

Once we have a name we will all get invites to join the mailing list, and many of you will be familiar with it.

Ok, the list of Sunnycoasters as it stands is:

InCider
Batz
Ratchie
Thefawnroux
Screwtop
Shed101
TidalPete
Sav
Roscoe
Thomas J
Brucce
Kymba
TBird

Great news - Bonj, handsome cad and brewer about cyberspace he is, has offered to host an email address for us like the Brewerhood one, but just for us. So we need a name.

Suggestions:

SCAB - Sunshine Coast Area Brewers
Sunnycoasters
Sunshine Coast Area & Environs Brewers
The Lonely Hops Club Band

etc, etc. Email address will be whateverwedecideon@bigfathooker.com

Once we have a name we will all get invites to join the mailing list, and many of you will be familiar with it.

Ok, the list of Sunnycoasters as it stands is:

InCider
Batz
Ratchie
Thefawnroux
Screwtop
Shed101
TidalPete
Sav
Roscoe
Thomas J
Brucce
Kymba
TBird

Okay fellas, this is how we'll do it: send me a PM with your email address, and once you have decided on a name, I will mass subscribe the entire list in one go. The list will then send you all a welcome message with instructions on posting.

Okay fellas, this is how we'll do it: send me a PM with your email address, and once you have decided on a name, I will mass subscribe the entire list in one go. The list will then send you all a welcome message with instructions on posting.

PM sent.

I'm inclined to go for SCABs, but really it's just a handle, so anything will do in the end.

x_1.jpg
PM sent.

I'm inclined to go for SCABs, but really it's just a handle, so anything will do in the end.

PM sent.

AS for a name not sure but not fussed either.

Latest posts

Back