Sully's Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sully

mmmmmm...... BEEEER
Reaction score
Well it's been a long arduous task designing our new house and after 2 years we have finally came up with a design we are both happy with. FTW I get my wet bar and a dedicated brewing area in the shed out back. Had to compromise the Media room though but I don't watch many movies anyways so it wasn't a great loss really.

Anyways, has anyone got any you beaut ideas that should be incorporated into a bar? I already have a Chestie for a kegerator and don't drink wine so cannot warrant a wine fridge. Basically I allowed for a lot of bottle and glass space.

Here is a snippet of whats to come. Hopefully will be ready to be christened by Sept/Oct.

Sullys_Bar.jpg

Looks great Sully but you didn't have to build that for me mate. I would have come over there eventually. :lol:

So what are you going to set up the bar like? Fonts? Chesty with font? Glass door fridge?

With so much space to play with, is it worth having the kegerator behind a stud wall with the taps coming thru the wall?

Then you can also fit a lagering & fermenting fridge into the space too!

Looks great Sully but you didn't have to build that for me mate. I would have come over there eventually. :lol:

So what are you going to set up the bar like? Fonts? Chesty with font? Glass door fridge?

Yeah, your missus already renamed the Guest room to Chappo's Room :lol:

Chesty with fonts, you know my setup

With so much space to play with, is it worth having the kegerator behind a stud wall with the taps coming thru the wall?

Then you can also fit a lagering & fermenting fridge into the space too!

Would be nice but don't have that much space to play with. To the left of the bar is for future (fingers crossed) Pinball machine :p

EDIT: Heres a shot from the outside

Sullys_Bar_2.jpg

WTF !

I want to see pictures not some stinking city house drawing.

Batz

WTF !

I want to see pictures not some stinking city house drawing.

Batz

:lol:

all in good time Batz...

Want to make sure its right before construction.

:lol: Heard Lissa crapping on about her new room!

So got a shot of that too Sully? More importantly is there a beer tap over the bed head?

I dont see any strippers poles either...
if all else fails you could get chap chap to dance for ya... or not...
He might look alright in suspenders and a decent eyeliner.. :lol:

I'm building a bar this yr too. It's in the corner orientated the same and with the triple french doors on the right.
I though I'd put the sink in the bar, opposite to what you have there, with the chesty to the right
at the end of the bar. I figure if I'm washing glasses etc I don't wanna be standing with my back to everyone. I made my bbq that way too so I walk behind it and the face into the yard instead of facing the corner. What are you gonna make the bar out of? I'm thinking brick of using veneer with laminate or recycled timber tops. ANyway I'll keep n eye on this thread for any good ideas. Cheers.

You'll need a couch for Chappo to get his beauty sleep on (he won't make it to bed).

Sully mate,

That looks like an awesome area, I think you'll spend the majority of your home life playing around in there. Perfect area for entertaining, maybe a compeditor for the Xmas case swap location :p

Look out Squire :ph34r:

Ok...

Here are some thoughts...might only be worth 2c...
Get rid of the three windows near the sliding door - make it a roller shutter - and set up a bar top - now you serve inside and outside at the same time.
why have three glass panels - surely a 2 panel sliding door is enough - then the bar and associated area is bigger.
Instead of putting a pinball machine next to the bar - build in a lanlords nook.

Hope thei helps

Heard Lissa crapping on about her new room!

So got a shot of that too Sully? More importantly is there a beer tap over the bed head?

You will probably be sleeping either in the brewery or bar anyway.

I dont see any strippers poles either...
if all else fails you could get chap chap to dance for ya... or not...
He might look alright in suspenders and a decent eyeliner..

Chap Chap doesn't look good in eyeliner and I just dont want to picture him in suspenders :icon_vomit:

Couldn't convince SWMBO for the stripper pole, but she doesn't know about the Girls I have organised for Jelly wrestling :ph34r:

I'm building a bar this yr too. It's in the corner orientated the same and with the triple french doors on the right.
I though I'd put the sink in the bar, opposite to what you have there, with the chesty to the right
at the end of the bar. I figure if I'm washing glasses etc I don't wanna be standing with my back to everyone. I made my bbq that way too so I walk behind it and the face into the yard instead of facing the corner. What are you gonna make the bar out of? I'm thinking brick of using veneer with laminate or recycled timber tops. ANyway I'll keep n eye on this thread for any good ideas. Cheers.

Just going for a laminate bar - being a slackass this time and getting it built by a Cabinet Maker. Few year ago I built one using recycled corrugated iron for the front and recycled hoop pine floor joists (out of a pub that was renovated ironically) joined together for the tops.

Sully mate,

That looks like an awesome area, I think you'll spend the majority of your home life playing around in there. Perfect area for entertaining, maybe a compeditor for the Xmas case swap location

Look out Squire :ph34r:

Thanks Liam, but its nothing compared the Big Green Shed.

Ok...

Get rid of the three windows near the sliding door - make it a roller shutter - and set up a bar top - now you serve inside and outside at the same time.
why have three glass panels - surely a 2 panel sliding door is enough - then the bar and associated area is bigger.
Instead of putting a pinball machine next to the bar - build in a lanlords nook.

Hope thei helps

Something along those lines would be absolutely excellent & very practical. :super:
You could drum those ideas into Sully's head when you rock uo to Batz's Kin-Kinofest on 20th March Kenny. :party:

TP

Ok...

Hope thei helps

It doesn't look like those doors are getting in the way of anything, hard to tell with no dimensions.
The french doors are nice because they open right up. If you look around at the manufacturers you might get some cheap that were ordered and not picked up or something. I did that and came across two sets, one set powder coated the wrong color for the order and one set ex display. They were the same price as a new 3 panel sliding door. You can get multi panel bifold/ trifold etc windows too which would be nicer than a roller shutter but they;re pricey, I'm hunting for some surplus ones but had no luck so far with them. DSC_0011.JPG edit; WTF is a landlords nook? do I want one? :eek:]

Well for those that may be interested here is the (almost) end result of the bar after a few long months of building. And a picture of the woodfired pizza oven to complement. Still a few minor things to finish off but it functions well.

2dan3vc.jpg

24npoug.jpg

2hmlevq.jpg

10h25j6.jpg

2a4ve3c.jpg

Oh and apologies for reviving an old thread :p

Next on the agenda is getting the brewery rebuilt.

Cheers & Beers

Sully

Nicely done sir!

When's the barwarming?

:ph34r:

Back