Suggestions for a new brand of regulator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fungrel

Reaction score
Hi,

Tesuco twin body regulator decided to give up the ghost, and only had it for a few years.

Just wondering what other brands out there that are worth looking at?

I am open to spending more on something that will last longer than a year or two.

Micromatic? Harris? Something else?

Cheers!

Tesuco had a bad batch a few years ago, they did a pretty big rejig of their QA and appear to have sorted the problems.
I have an older Duel Tesuco that's been working a treat for 5 or 6 years and know of plenty of others.
I know my local (Brewman) is stocking the Tesuco regs and wouldn't be if he wasn't happy with the present model, worth looking at.

I would stay well away from some of the very cheap ones and some of the top end ones; although good quality; are getting pretty expensive.
Mark

Have you looked at re-kitting the ones you have, replace the diaphragms and cassettes and you are most of the way to a new reg at a fraction of the price.
M

I've looked around for harris parts but can't find them anywhere (in Australia)
I've got a 821 that's about 10 years old and a 121 that's a lot older (and I can't find info about them anywhere online)
The 821 has been creeping a bit more of late, so I actually pulled it out this morning and put the 121 on
it was creeping even quicker, so I tore it apart and the diaphragm is completely stuffed, all deteriorated and sticking to everything
I've love to know where I can get 821 rebuild kits from

Last edited:
I've looked around for harris parts but can't find them anywhere (in Australia)
I've got a 821 that's about 10 years old and a 121 that's a lot older (and I can't find info about them anywhere online)
The 821 has been creeping a bit more of late, so I actually pulled it out this morning and put the 121 on
it was creeping even quicker, so I tore it apart and the diaphragm is completely stuffed, all deteriorated and sticking to everything
I've love to know where I can get 821 rebuild kits from
Have you tried going straight to Harris?

From the website:
For help with a Harris product or general information, contact:

Harris Products Group Australia
14 Queensland Rd, Darra
Brisbane, Queensland
Australia, 4076
https://www.harrisproductsgroup.com.au/contact-us/

Sounds like they may be useful.

Have you tried going straight to Harris?

From the website:
For help with a Harris product or general information, contact:

Harris Products Group Australia
14 Queensland Rd, Darra
Brisbane, Queensland
Australia, 4076
https://www.harrisproductsgroup.com.au/contact-us/

Sounds like they may be useful.
I couldn't find anything on their site, but admittedly I haven't contacted them

It's pretty hard to go wrong with micromatic. Easy to find service parts for, they're well designed in the first place, ...

But they are a bit on the pricey side.

Latest posts

Back