Suggest A Recipe For Some Recently Discovered Grain!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaestroMatt

Reaction score
Hey Brewers and Beer lovers,

I bought some grain in Sept last year to brew a Kolsch - time got away from me, yada yada yada, forgot that I purchased it so now grain is still waiting to be used. Not worried about quality of grain as it's been stored well in airtight bag in the dark the whole time.

I just brewed a Kolsch so I don't want to repeat that style.

It's nothing ground breaking but any suggestions on what I could do with the following grain bill:

4000g Best Malz Pilsner
450g Best Malz Munich
450g Best Malz Wheat

Aiming for a full corny keg and a six pack by the end (roughly 21 L )

Prepared to buy whatever hops and yeast I need. Also happy to grab some more specialty to add to the mix should someone have a genius recipe up their sleeve.

It's a pretty open question and I am sure I could find my own answer if I wanted - Just curious to see what get spewed forth from the AHB masses that may want to pass some time at work posting here....you know, like me :)

Cheers,

MM

Hey Brewers and Beer lovers,

I bought some grain in Sept last year to brew a Kolsch - time got away from me, yada yada yada, forgot that I purchased it so now grain is still waiting to be used. Not worried about quality of grain as it's been stored well in airtight bag in the dark the whole time.

I just brewed a Kolsch so I don't want to repeat that style.

It's nothing ground breaking but any suggestions on what I could do with the following grain bill:

4000g Best Malz Pilsner
450g Best Malz Munich
450g Best Malz Wheat

Aiming for a full corny keg and a six pack by the end (roughly 21 L )

Prepared to buy whatever hops and yeast I need. Also happy to grab some more specialty to add to the mix should someone have a genius recipe up their sleeve.

It's a pretty open question and I am sure I could find my own answer if I wanted - Just curious to see what get spewed forth from the AHB masses that may want to pass some time at work posting here....you know, like me :)

Cheers,

MM

you've thrown up a practically perfect grist for a kolsch, and say 'i dont want a kolsch', you like to make it difficult dont you :blink:

brew a lager of some sort, bitter to 26 IBU with a noble hop and ferment with WY2124

Quite a good grist for an Aussie Sparkling, chuck in 300 of white sugaz, 40g POR single addition and Coopers recultured bottled yeast.

Use the base grain you have, add some Amarillo, and Super Alpha (or other fairly clean bittering hop)

1g/L @ 20min
1g/L @ Flameout
Bitter with Super Alpha to total of 30 IBU

US-05 or equiv yeast

Throw in and extra 200g CaraMunich or Crystal

QldKev

A kilo of dextrose, some noble hops and WY1388 and you've got something like a Belgian strong golden ale.

With Hallertau/Saaz in equal amounts at 60 minutes to 25 IBUs and Wyeast 2000 @ 12C.

Latest posts

Back