Suggest A Good Beer That Comes In Longnecks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrumpyPaul

Reaction score
Hi all.

My son is booking his venue for his wedding reception.

The venue provides Crown longnecks but has told him he can have whatever he wants as long a it comes in long necks and the price is comparable to crowns ($ 6.60 single or about $ 62 carton)

Any suggestions for a decent alternative?

So far we have found...

Coopers
Boags
Pure blonde

Murrys punch & judy ale
Red angus pils

Hi all.

My son is booking his venue for his wedding reception.

The venue provides Crown longnecks but has told him he can have whatever he wants as long a it comes in long necks and the price is comparable to crowns ($ 6.60 single or about $ 62 carton)

Any suggestions for a decent alternative?

So far we have found...

Coopers
Boags
Pure blonde

Murrys punch & judy ale
Red angus pils

Gage Road IPA

Get Coopers and keep the emptys...its a decent beer that will appeal to a wide audience and comes in sturdy crown seal bottles for many years of future homebrew re-use!

(if you dont bottle, keep them for me :D )

Had some Stoke Bomber Kiwi Pale Ale the other day and it was delicious! might be a wee bit pricier though, approx $40 for a case of 6 650ml bottles ...

The gage road bitter isn't too bad

Hahn Super Dry....its made from beer

Ballast Point Porter

Bit out on the price range though at $100.00 for a case of 12 650ml bottles

Need to be damn good to justify that price though makes the IPA seem cheap(ish)

Murray's Punk Monk comes in 650's :icon_drool2:

And if you get that can i come to the wedding? :beerbang:

Need to be damn good to justify that price though makes the IPA seem cheap(ish)
The IPA is cheap. It is less than a sixer of many local breweries' output and, for style, is a damned sight better.

Of course, I agree completely that the porter is too costly to buy in bulk for a wedding.

OP, do you have any reason to expect that the crowd won't like Crownies? Most people are fairly impressed by a do that puts on Crownies for some inexplicable reason. Never heard of a crowd being impressed by CPA.

Speak to one of the Aussie micro's, as you'll be buying a lot.

In 640mL longnecks, Ekim Brewery and also Mouontain Goat do some brilliant Pales & IPA's (although IPA probably isnt for everyone who isnt a craft beer drinker like us). For all you know, they might even take on a special order and source some 750mL bottles if you give enough notice.

Close enough? A real crowd pleaser.

Little_Creatures_Pale_Ale_Pint.png

Just have a mix. A few Crownies (yuck), Pale's, Super Dry, purhaps Gage Roads London Best?

Lock in Little Creatures Pale though (boo-yeah), and remember, they'll always be someone that is after what you won't have!

The IPA is cheap. It is less than a sixer of many local breweries' output and, for style, is a damned sight better.

Of course, I agree completely that the porter is too costly to buy in bulk for a wedding.

OP, do you have any reason to expect that the crowd won't like Crownies? Most people are fairly impressed by a do that puts on Crownies for some inexplicable reason. Never heard of a crowd being impressed by CPA.
+1
The majority of people out there will not care if you have CPA/LCPA/Boags/Blonde.
Everyone drinks Crown Lager at a wedding, even us beer snobs - it is not about the beer, it is about your sons special occasion. Have a spare case or 2 of CPA on hand for the absolute die hards and light beer for the others.
Make sure you do have the bridal party's table sorted out with what they want to drink (along with the brides parents).
The rest can just suck it, they are only there for the free feed and drink!

You're right the guests won't care, they would be happy with VB (swines) but he loves a good beer and as its his day he figured why not look at the options.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I believe he has already bought one or two of the to try out.

Cheers
Bnb

Back