Style Recommendations : Interesting but Drinkable

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luxo_Aussie

Reaction score
G'day All,

I've been back brewing for nearly a year now and I've found the most popular styles which friends have enjoyed have been those which have been a bit different but also something they haven't tried before. Does anyone have a style or favourite recipe which is a bit out of the ordinary but also drinkable?

Always keen to consider new styles to broaden the list on offer when hosting mates over!

Cheers!

As a saison fan I have converted a few friends into the saison fold.
:D You must make a MUCH better saison than a pub in Bendigo kept getting in - eveery time they got a new one they'd give me a taste and it would pucker my mouth (not just my lips) and almost make me gag. :D
I told them I reckon the way to make saison was to make a beer then sit it in the sun for a week to go off and then try to sell it anyway. :D

I do a pink lemonade berliner weisse that both beer drinkers and non beer drinkers keep coming back for.

Try something malt driven: Munich Helles, Scottish Heavy, Irish Red....

I've had many people be pleasantly surprised by how much they enjoy beers in the 15-25 IBU range (whether they know what an IBU is or not).

As a saison fan I have converted a few friends into the saison fold.
Read up on this style & Saison will be exactly what I'm after, thanks!

Try something malt driven: Munich Helles, Scottish Heavy, Irish Red....

I've had many people be pleasantly surprised by how much they enjoy beers in the 15-25 IBU range (whether they know what an IBU is or not).
You're right about malt-forward beers, they can surprise & it's one of the reasons I've got Märzen planned for the beginning of December! Thanks!

Back