Stupid Americans

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
" I didn't realise nth korea was so large like that" :blink:

Global geography is obviously not on the curriculum in the u.s high schools :excl:

I reckon you could do the same test in Oz and get the same results. Stupid people are everywhere - they also tend to breed profusely.

I agree jgriffen, ignorance is not a trait exclusive to Americans, I'm still stunned though by how people could possibly be that ignorant. It looks like a set up but it seems authentic. I guess it is possible for some people to think that N. Korea is so much larger than S. Korea, breathtaking ...

havent done it in a long time but if you want geographical ignorance get onto icq and chat to americans.they think most places in aust are american states they havent heard about yet.they have no idea of the world outside of there state/burb whatever.to rule/concure just add nuclear weapons

guns rule(in the good ol boys world)
big d

I couldn't even be bothered talking about the stories I've spun to some yanks.

hang on while i pick my jaw up off the floor,that absoloutly amazed me. :blink:

big d said:
havent done it in a long time but if you want geographical ignorance get onto icq and chat to americans.they think most places in aust are american states they havent heard about yet.they have no idea of the world outside of there state/burb whatever.to rule/concure just add nuclear weapons

guns rule(in the good ol boys world)
big d
[post="81642"][/post]​

I play online games (WOW for those in the know lol) and speak with Americans almost everyday. They're just people like you an me. Whilst I've had a few gags with the yanks about Kangaroo knocking at the door and crocs in the toilet that doesn't beat school days.
At Marlborough Boys (South Island NZ) we had an Aussie exchange student. He asked in his first week where the toilets were, one of the lads responded "toilets? wrong country mate, we just go behind one of the trees if need be." and sure enough the Aussie student relieved himself behing one of the oak trees surrounding the front of school Rugby field in full view of the rest of the school (if you know Marlborough Boys and the front Rugby field). He was the talk of town for a while. :lol:

Doesn't surprise me. I grew up there. But, I did like the ticker tape. We all realise that CNNNY is a comedy show don't we ???

I was reading in a paper today the GB has admitted that God told him to invade Iraq!

Scary

I wonder what the voices are telling him now?

I reckon if you went up to most Aussies with a mislabelled map of Europe they wouldn't spot the errors.

Having said that, there are some genuine American text books that show the equator as passing through Texas. The yanks have never placed much importance on learning about the world.

If you picture a steroid-ridden marine, all musclebound & macho with a Freddie Mercury moustache and flat-top haircut, it seems to me that is America. The only way it knows how to interact with the rest of the world is with macho BS and violence.

It'll be fun when China looks at them the wrong way.

fun - fŭn n~

Firework show when 1.4 million yankee roundeye soldier think they so big and clever and pick fight with 1.4 billion hard-working angry little Chinese man with nuclear bomb.

Wortgames said:
I reckon if you went up to most Aussies with a mislabelled map of Europe they wouldn't spot the errors.

[post="81703"][/post]​
i reckon thats fair enough considering there can up to 3 or 4 countries nested in the size of NSW. But when you have a country the size of ours, and just about every american at least knows of the existance of australia, then it is just pure ignorance.

But to be honest, it is not really that suprising when you realise that there is hardly any mention of the outside world on american tv or radio. The US is a world of its own. They have everything they need there, so they dont care what goes on in other countries.

vlbaby.

As previously said, its CNNN, and i suspect that the did a lot of editing to get such a bunch of ignorants. The same can be said for the people they interviewed in the 'this person votes' in Election Chaser, well at least I hope so..
Great show btw
,voota

The Steve Irwin Baby Bob Croc incident made the late news in Washington.... Who said they were ignorant of world current affairs? :p

Some of us come to Australia to spy <_< , ahem, I mean, do postgraduate study, so we have to know where Australia is.

Back