Studying The Art Of Beermaking

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddingbrewmaster

Reaction score
Hello not sure if this is the right place to post this question but couldn't find any info on the site.
Hi i'm 23 and from Melbourne and am keen to study next year, and the topic of study is beer. I've been unsure about what i should do for a career and i thought why not beer since i like it so much. (And there's always a market for good beer) :beerbang:
I'm aware the university of ballarat does a bachelor of business (about the running of a micro brewery) I asked wasabi about the course he is doing in Ballarat, haven't got a response yet.

I'm wondering if anyone else knows of studies i can do either in making beer or running a brewery. I would very much prefer to do them in melbourne than ballarat, but if there are no options in melb, then Ballarat might be my only option.

Any info and help would be very much appreciated. Whether it be a TAFE course or whatever. I think i have to apply by late sept if i want to study next year.

I'm new to this site but it has been awesome, you guys are full of help. I used to fear the thought of all grain brewing :blink:
But hopefully i'll be able to start it in the near future :party:
Cheers.

I see that Ballarat Uni also offers a Graduate Certificate and Diploma in Brewing. If this is what you really want to do and all the marketing stuff in the business degree turns you off (just reading the unit names is making me drowsy), then howabout taking a degree/TAFE course in food technology or chemistry/microbiology in Melbourne, and then doing one of the Graduate courses?

Thanks Spun,
So the University of Ballarat is the only place in Victoria that does an actual brewing course, oh well might just have to go study there then, thanks for the info and the link.
Cheers.

Bud,

I do manage to chat with Wasabi from time to time but he is hard to track down and doesn't frequently visit the forum these days as far as I am aware. He's busy head down bum up trying to maintain his distinction average.
Best bet if you want to get in touch with him about the course is via email rather than AHB PM I would say. At least you've got more chance of him seeing it.

Cheers

Borret

Latest posts

Back