Strange problem with BeerTools Pro 1.5.21

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkmeldrum

Reaction score
I'm having a small problem with Beer Tools Pro since a recent upgrade.

I'm in the middle of a brew, I've put in all my ingredients, including yeast under the ingredients but it isn't working out the expected OG for me like it normally does.

Under the analysis tab, the Original Gravity and Terminal Gravity are set at 1.000 and if I try to input a value of what I might expect it resets back to 1.000.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Cheers

Molly

Screen Shot 2013-01-28 at 2.29.23 PM.png

Molly said:
I'm having a small problem with Beer Tools Pro since a recent upgrade.

I'm in the middle of a brew, I've put in all my ingredients, including yeast under the ingredients but it isn't working out the expected OG for me like it normally does.

Under the analysis tab, the Original Gravity and Terminal Gravity are set at 1.000 and if I try to input a value of what I might expect it resets back to 1.000.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Cheers

Molly
Hi Molly.
The recipe you are talking about, have you input these into the edit grains etc page?
If you have, did you make sure you filled out the required columns like:
DBFG
DBCG
AICG
Original gravity ( lb/gal ) etc.

Without the programme knowing the fermentable values, it won't be able to work out the predicted specifics of that grain.
Try a mock recipe using grains in the programmes database & add 5kg or so, then go to the analysis tab & see if it's working correctly.

:icon_offtopic: Gee I just love BrewMate, I don't get any of these type of issues. Best bang for your buck by far!!

Amber Fluid said:
:icon_offtopic: Gee I just love BrewMate, I don't get any of these type of issues. Best bang for your buck by far!!
You will if you don't fill in the potential extract, colour ( SRM ) columns when adding a new fermentable.
I have BTP as well as BeerSmith & BS2 but the no chill check box in BrewMate is the winner for me,
BrewMate is spot on & simple to use.

Crusty said:
Hi Molly.
The recipe you are talking about, have you input these into the edit grains etc page?
If you have, did you make sure you filled out the required columns like:
DBFG
DBCG
AICG
Original gravity ( lb/gal ) etc.

Without the programme knowing the fermentable values, it won't be able to work out the predicted specifics of that grain.
Try a mock recipe using grains in the programmes database & add 5kg or so, then go to the analysis tab & see if it's working correctly.
Thanks Crusty,

no I haven't put those values in, only because I never have in the past and it's worked it out for me. It's something that's just started

Crusty,

I just had a second look at the info details for the Barrett Burston base malt and you were absolutely right. Those DBFG and
DBCG details were missing when I imported them. I don't usually use that base malt so that's where the mistake was.

Many thanks to you, I wouldn't have found that without your help.

Cheers

Molly

Molly said:
Crusty,

I just had a second look at the info details for the Barrett Burston base malt and you were absolutely right. Those DBFG and
DBCG details were missing when I imported them. I don't usually use that base malt so that's where the mistake was.

Many thanks to you, I wouldn't have found that without your help.

Cheers

Molly
No worries Molly.
Sounds like you have it sorted.
Entering all the specifics can be a pain & sometimes you may have to ring your grain supplier for a breakdown analysis.
Glad I was able to help......................... :beerbang:

Back