Stout Swap 2011 Tasting Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found and am drinking Vic13s now.. Tastes pretty good after a long days work. Was unsure about the mouthfeel and aftertaste at first but I've come around to it. I like it. The head disappeared quite quickly thought. Nice. :beerbang:

Found and am drinking Vic13s now.. Tastes pretty good after a long days work. Was unsure about the mouthfeel and aftertaste at first but I've come around to it. I like it. The head disappeared quite quickly thought. Nice. :beerbang:

Head was much better on my second pour.

good job Wakka - for my personal tastes yours has been the best so far - roasty, silky with the sweetness taking a back seat. Still not my preference for a stout recipe wise though...

I have heaps to go, taking it pretty slow and easy...

Mate, I had a yeast going everywhere with yours, it was all up the side of the bottle, floating in the head and a great big pool of it in the bottom of my glass. Did you give me one that you filled with half the trub?
Not too bad in taste though :) .

I should of written when I drank them coz I can hardly remember what they all tasted like. They have all been very drinkable and quite different. Don't remember tasting any bad ones :) . Drank most at room temp. Wakkatoo, I quite enjoyed yours mate, had that roasty punch I enjoy.

Still got LF and Herbo's to drink.

If it was a longneck it would have been from earlier on in the bottling process so bit surprised that that was the case and i havent noticed it with any others - did it get a shake up or knock before opening? The only thing i've found with them is just the one foam up as mentioned before - in the interests of a fair go i can swap another one of your champion beers for another one of mine if you want... :ph34r:

I tried the much revered "sheaf stout" tonight. Not bad, better than invalid, not as nice as southwark or coopers best extra (for my palate)... went home, cracked open my horrid first AG stout - this very oatmeal stout ('this' referring to the thread itself), now just over 6 months old in the bottle...bloody beautiful! A similar depth of flavour to the sheaf but with much more body, presumably from the oats.

For me this is some anecdotal evidence towards the whole 'keeping dark beers tucked away for a while' thing...

Anyway, just thought I'd comment on it...

Latest posts

Back