Stout - Priming quantity 700ml bottle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Stewart

Reaction score
Being an Irishman and being so close to St Paddys day i've had a trial at my own Guinness :drinkingbeer:

Muntons Dublin Stout - MJ Brew Blend #20 - 500g Dark Dry Malt - 10ml Liquorice Extract.- S04 yeasties
SG 1040
FG 1008
Finings added @ G 1012

700ml Bottles

In fermenting fridge at ~16C for more than 2 weeks. And itll only get 2 weeks to condition in the bottle before 3-4 days cold crashing in the Waeco @ 2C then party time!!

Bottling is to commence tomorrow and ive read a lot of difference in opinion of 1 carb drop or 2 carb drops.....

No one wants a fizzy Guinness.

Any thoughts?

I also have made what I hope to be a clone of the Liffey water, my third all grain brew, harvested and washed the yeast of my first brew which I am pretty pleased with. Sorry can't answer your question about the carb drops. What I have noticed as I wait for mine to get up to drinking temperature the carbonation bubbles subside as well. Not an expert but I would probably go with the 2 drops, and a drop of Bushmills as a chaser.

Back