Stout additions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogerroger123

Reaction score
Hello

If I have posted in the wrong section please let me know.

I am thinking of brewing a stout starting with the Coopers Stout tin, I have some extra ingredients that I am looking to add but not sure on when/not to add or if needed to boil malt?

I have got:

Coopers Stout
500g Dark malt powder
250g lactose
1kg Dex
500g Light dry malt
50ml Choc cream essence
10/15ml liqourice extract
Morgans Ale yeast or coopers stout yeast that came with tin

Regards

Grab another tin of coopers stout, add in your kilo of Dex, your kilo of malt, and use a good packet of yeast like Safale US-04.

It will be about 8-9% but great for winter.

Lactose is non-fermentable so it will make it sweeter and slightly creamier.

Not familiar with your essenses and extracts.

If they dont have sugars in them you could always add them into your keg or bottles. Same goes for your lactose. That way you can experiment A, AB, B or nil. Then you can decide which combo works best.

Grab another tin of coopers stout, add in your kilo of Dex, your kilo of malt, and use a good packet of yeast like Safale US-04.

It will be about 8-9% but great for winter.

Lactose is non-fermentable so it will make it sweeter and slightly creamier.

Not familiar with your essenses and extracts.

If they dont have sugars in them you could always add them into your keg or bottles. Same goes for your lactose. That way you can experiment A, AB, B or nil. Then you can decide which combo works best.
With 2 tins of goo & 2 kilos malt/dex, I’d be tempted to use 2 packets of S04- 1 won’t be enough. I’d leave the licorice out.

Hi,
I have similar question.

I am new to brewing and only brewed Coopers Pale Ale before. Newbie I know - LOL

I have a tin of coopers stout, 1kg BE#3 and 500g light dry malt. Would adding all be a good idea? or should I just be adding BE#3?
Also when I bottle would you recommend 1 or 2 carb drops in 750ml?

Cheers

Hi,
I have similar question.

I am new to brewing and only brewed Coopers Pale Ale before. Newbie I know - LOL

I have a tin of coopers stout, 1kg BE#3 and 500g light dry malt. Would adding all be a good idea? or should I just be adding BE#3?

Cheers

If you add the sugar and the malt you will end up with a higher percentage, so I personally would just add a kilo, wether you split it 50/50 between the 2 is up to you.

As for the carbonation drops, I keg, but a stout is generally 2 volumes of CO2 and a ale is around 2.5, as you cannot put only 1.5 drops in, it's up to you as to if you want a more flat (1 drop) or a bit more carbonated (2 drops) than the style.

Daz

Hi,
I have similar question.

Cheers
All the information you need, check their recipes. https://www.diybeer.com/au/catalogsearch/result/?q=stout

Back