Storing beer in Corny kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klosey

Reaction score
I normally brew 46 litre brews and keg into 50 litre commercial kegs of which I have two. Also have a corny keg for in between brews in case one of my larger brews are not ready. I have the ability to keep the two commercial kegs and the corny keg under refrigeration. I have just been given a further 3 corny kegs and simply do not have the room to store them under refrigeration. My question is after I purge the oxygen after filling the corny kegs , can I store them in my garage for several months without refrigeration . I live in far northern NSW near the Qld border where it can get quite warm.

Attachments

• 650CF7A2-D144-4FC2-9EC7-9DA2A82945DE.jpeg
    650CF7A2-D144-4FC2-9EC7-9DA2A82945DE.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 13
I've stored beer in kegs un-refrigerated in my study as its the coolest room of the house. Some have held up better than others. Belgian quad was improving with age. Kettle soured berliner weisse turned bad pretty quick but I didn't purge that keg properly.

Maybe you could just use them over the winter months and then store them empty over the summers?

Back