Stone & Wood seeking brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despite living a 10 hour drive away, I'm seriously considering applying...
Grew up in that region, so I'd love to move back

sp0rk said:
Despite living a 10 hour drive away, I'm seriously considering applying...
Grew up in that region, so I'd love to move back
Do it! Just imagine all those fermenters you'll get to clean!

"Which Stone and Wood beer is your favourite and why"?

Would it be un-PC to say on the application "none of them"?

good4whatAlesU said:
"Which Stone and Wood beer is your favourite and why"?

Would it be un-PC to say on the application "none of them"?
I would say it's not inappropriate but you failed to answer the question fully :p why?

For the sake of this brewery they're heavily reliant on brand recognition, 20 year old girls who know nothing about beer run around stores looking for the stuff because it's cool. Saying you don't like it, in this case, probably won't fly :p

Positions now taken.

nude brew.jpg

Some of the experimentals they have on tap at the little brewery in Byron are great
Only problem is you actually have to go near Byron *shudder*

Yes we live less than 30km away and we never go. The council fleece you for just about everything (parking is diabolical).

Shame, the locality is beautiful.

good4whatAlesU said:
Yes we live less than 30km away and we never go. The council fleece you for just about everything (parking is diabolical).

Shame, the locality is beautiful.
Admittedly if you just enter from the North side, you don't have to go through town
The town is beautiful, I just can't deal with all the weekend hippies (business people from goldy & brissy), pill poppers and blow ins who've bought up shops and jacked up prices

Variety is the spice of life and makes the place interesting, but the poor infrastructure and overpriced everything ruins it.

I read somewhere that Byron had the highest crime rate in NSW outside Redfern. Don't know if that's true or not. We just don't go there.

Ballina is a nice place, but getting too pricey due to Sydney accountant retirees moving up, buying everything out and neg. gearing the others. Sad world. Our rent has gone up twice in the last 12 months.

good4whatAlesU said:
Ballina is a nice place, but getting too pricey due to Sydney accountant retirees moving up, buying everything out and neg. gearing the others. Sad world. Our rent has gone up twice in the last 12 months.
Ehhhh, I'm glad I got out when I did, council don't give a **** about infrastructure and like you say, housing is going crazy
My sister and her fiancee (both unemployed and can't find work) can't find anything under about $320 a week other than bed sits, which is out of their price range, so they're looking at Goonellabah or Lismore instead
I've been telling them to move here, where we're paying $270 for a near new 4 bedroom house, but the job market is even worse

For a relaxing weekend for Oldies who aren't into vomiting and brawling in the street at weekends, I far prefer Evans Head or Brunswick Heads. Been to Byron twice - first.n.last.time.

sp0rk said:
Ehhhh, I'm glad I got out when I did, council don't give a **** about infrastructure and like you say, housing is going crazy
My sister and her fiancee (both unemployed and can't find work) can't find anything under about $320 a week other than bed sits, which is out of their price range, so they're looking at Goonellabah or Lismore instead
I've been telling them to move here, where we're paying $270 for a near new 4 bedroom house, but the job market is even worse
Yep something has to give. It's probably going to be us in the very near future in the form of moving inland. I don't think there's any young families in our street, it's all retirees.

Agreed Evans is a lovely little place. No (very little) work though and too far to commute.

I would sell up and move for this shit... just get a place out of town & then I'll be living the dream!

Back