Stocktake

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deebee

The Bludgeon Brewery
Reaction score
I did a stocktake last week when I was on holidays and was stunned to discover I have over 17 cartons of beer stashed around the house (in various boxes under the stairs, under the bed, in two blocked up chimneys, under the kitchen sideboard). When I told a mate he said it was morally wrong to have that much beer in your house and promised to help me fix it up.

How much beer do you have?

Where do you keep it?

as long as its for personal use - I'm sure you'll be OK.....

Usually have about 10 dozen longnecks (or equivalent in stubbies) in stock, stored in crates on racks in the garage. Can't wait to get a keg setup.

Jeez, I thought I was bad with 8 dozen longnecks. Looks like I'll have to lift my game :chug:

Eyes on the prize...

Shawn.

:chug:
I have 8 kegs

I have about 150 king browns - half empty and half in various stages of conditioning, storage, consumption, etc.

I have 101 Grolsch bottles. About 45 are full with my dark ale i bottled about 3-4 weeks ago now. Ive got a Coopers bitter i'll be bottling soon. Going to get another 50 Grolsch's and that will be enough for a while I reckon.
I've also got 30 Premium plastic bottles that i got with my Coopers kit.
I only save them for the best tasting brews though.. :D

Sad to say I only have one dozen stubbies at the moment. However I have 22L of bitter in one fermenter and 25L of Jayse's LCPA recipe in another fermenter so there is hope of the stocks building.

Only struggle will be giving the new buggers time to age ...

jasony
did you make that tasty and potent pale ale.to the exact recipe?
that will be hard to leave alone.esspecially with the little supply you have.
anyway let me know how it comes up.
i didn't write their that i used amc pale malt is that what you used.

anyway.
i have 100 litres ready for drinking and 120 litres in different stages of fermentation and conditioning.

i have
- oatmeal stout
-a real roasty irish red.
-a american/english amber ale with ekg.
-a amber ale all with northern brewer.
-x-l-c-r. adjusted from a grumpy recipe.
-aussie pale ale(p.o.r)coopers yeast.
-american pale ale another version of the tasty and potent pale ale(lcpa)
-and i.p.a. (lcpa times two o.g 1.065 and 65 ibu.)

i think i scared some friends off with the english amber ale.i took it around to a mates for the afl grand final and served it warm and flat for a real english ale.i think they couldn't wait for me to leave so they could down their west end draught.they downed quite a lot of it though.

Jayse, followed the exact LCPA recipe you put up at grumpy's (all cascades), all bar the hop back which I don't have the gear to do. I used IMC pale for the recipe and wound up with 25L at about 1.060 if I got the reading right. Even ordered in the Wyeast 1272 for it.

I have a feeling it will struggle to mature, smelling great out of the airlock.

very nice.that yeast is by far my favourite pale ale yeast so far.it is so easy to use (not tempermental like some).
lovely real fruit flavour that matches the cascades a treat.
you will notice after fermention is finished that the yeast will remain on top of the brew and not settle to the bottom.this is normal you just leave it behind when you rack.

Wyeasts
...Bugger !!
:angry:

i have 19 cartons and two and a bit more on its way

then i will brew again in march - april

My kitchen cupboards are full of longnecks and I have three fermenters in various stages of fermentation/conditioning.

cheers
reg

About 200+ longnecks with with about 7 different batches in them. usually drinking 4 or 5 brews with 3 conditioning and one fermenting/waiting to bottle.

I vary the styles a lot, so it's always interesting to sample the latest brew.
I haven't brewed the same recipe twice since I advanced from the basic Kit n kilo platform. I'm starting to develope a few favorites though that I'll probably repeat (maybe with slight changes)

Cheers,
Andy

I've got quite a bit stashed away at the moment. There are 8 brews stashed away aging, say 120 Long Necks, just under 100 Grolsch bottles and maybe another 120 stubbies. There's some odd 20 or so or brews I've made a far dent in sitting in the fridges awaiting their fate. Also two of the four kegs are full, one batch of Bock in primary and two ales in secondary.

I don't have a problem do I?

Trev

I have 14 cases of long necks all in different stages of aging in the brewshed.

A bar fridge in the brewshed full of long necks ready to drink.

The lager fridge in the brewshed has a Pilsner at the end of CC and a keg of my Aventinus clone.
The house keg fridge has 3 full kegs (Pale Ale, Belgian Strong, Bavarian Lager).

The laundry fridge has a number of long necks and reasearch beers (Monteiths Black & Original, Goesser Dark, Schoefferhofer Dunkel, a dark Frankiskaner, Coopers vintage stout, Cascade Winter Warmer, Boags Honey Porter, Chimay Blue, Chimay White, Kwak and probably a couple of others I've forgotten about.

Currently fermenting (apart from the Pilsner in CC) I have my first attempt at a clone of the JS Australian Strong Ale, and a Weizen.

This weekend I'm hopefully going to get time for a double AG brew day and brew a Robust Porter and an Oktoberfest/Marzen.

I don't even want to try and estimate how many litres of beer that is :huh:

Beers,
Doc

I've got 240 longnecks and will be putting down 2 brews on the weekend... Got to stock up for the hot months when brew season stops and the festive season starts.

Doc,

That's amazing. I counted four fridges, not including the one in your kitchen. You must get one hell of a power bill!

Are you sure you don't need a licence for all that beer??? :D
Do you run tours of your brewery?

Back