Stocking Equipment In Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedge

Reaction score
Right i want all this equipment and have birthdays etc coming up. So instead of mucking around making stuff , (like a counter bottle filler) i thought i could sent the fam and friends out to a brewshop to buy it. I see grain and grape hold phils equipment.

Does anyone in SA (JM B) ) carry this

Don't have much Phil's stuff on hand, must be time for another order

BTW, don't buy the Phil's Philler, get the Zymico one
or have your keg under very low pressure, chilled as much as you can. store the bottles in the freezer and put some plastic hose over the end of your pluto, you can then fill your bottles direct from the keg without any cpbf. Quite a few brewers do this.

JoviaL Monk

just a quick, (quite possibly stupid) question. One placing your carbonated beer into a bottle, how long does it keep its carbonation?

(JM how much is the Zymico one)? ;)

just a quick, (quite possibly stupid) question. One placing your carbonated beer into a bottle, how long does it keep its carbonation?

forever if you cap it

not sure of cost and freight, will enquire

Jovial Monk

so this means you can filter you beer, carbonate cap and walla! no more floaters in your beer!!!? <_<

Phils Philler is the bottle filler used to fill bottles.
Phils Counter Pressure Filler is used to fill bottles from the keg.

I've done the chill the bottles right down and attach a hose to the beer gun etc, and if you have a reasonably carbonated beer you still get mess and oxygen in the bottle.

I got a Phils Counter Pressure Filler for xmas. Will give it a test out in the next week or so, and report back via the CPBF topic.

Beers,
Doc

cheers doc, will be waiting with antis....................ipation
:wacko:

Now that was a long time ago Doc?

27th Dec 2003

So how is the CPF?

FWIW the care you need to take when transferring from keg to bottle depends on how long after you are planning to empty the bottle. Wedge, keep this in mind for next birthday.

Making an effective CPBF is easy, forget all the copper fittings and crap like that. You just need some taps, BEVA tube (size matters) and a rubber bung. No drilling, no soldering required.

cpfmk3.jpg

Full details are at brewiki: counter pressure filler

If you want the beer to keep its carbonation for an extended period, then I have found that the special cap I made is invaluable. I am pretty sure I have seen things like this at the LHBS. With this cap, you avoid the otherwise inevitable step of removing the CPBF and then capping.

BottleFillerTopBottle.jpg

Oh yes, and if I do want to cap the bottle with a plain old screw cap, I leave it for 24 hours or so after I have bottled it with the valve-cap. This way the CO2 is back in solution.

Latest posts

Back