Stir Plate Anomoly

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewQLD

RED ON WHITE IPA
Reaction score
Having built my stir plate a couple of weeks ago, I decided to put a starter on. No complaints with the quality and amount of yeast, more than double compared to the usual starter method and at least twice as fast :D . What struck me as strange is that the fan runs counter clockwise :blink: , I have tried reversing the polarity but the fan will not run that way. Has anyone else noticed this in there stir plate .What I am trying to say is that the liquid in the flash stirs counter clockwise instaed of clockwise. I don't suppose it makes any difference but it just does'nt look right.

Cheers
Andrew

I'm using magnetic stirrers at work at the moment and they spin counter-clockwise.

Mine goes clockwise because my fan goes clockwise.

Did you get a northern hemisphere fan ? :lol:

Beers,
Doc

Thanks for that Murray, at least I know mine isn't running backwards.
Has anyone else noticed this in there stir plate .What I am trying to say is that the liquid in the flash stirs counter clockwise instaed of clockwise

And judging by the above text I can't spell either :lol:

Andrew

AndrewQLD said:
What struck me as strange is that the fan runs counter clockwise :blink: , I have tried reversing the polarity but the fan will not run that way. Has anyone else noticed this in there stir plate .What I am trying to say is that the liquid in the flash stirs counter clockwise instaed of clockwise. I don't suppose it makes any difference but it just does'nt look right.
[post="63854"][/post]​
You have a left handed stir plate.

You could turn the fan around or just buy a right handed fan.

sosman said:
AndrewQLD said:
What struck me as strange is that the fan runs counter clockwise :blink: , I have tried reversing the polarity but the fan will not run that way. Has anyone else noticed this in there stir plate .What I am trying to say is that the liquid in the flash stirs counter clockwise instaed of clockwise. I don't suppose it makes any difference but it just does'nt look right.
[post="63854"][/post]​
You have a left handed stir plate.

You could turn the fan around or just buy a right handed fan.
[post="63979"][/post]​

Yep ya got ya fan upside down :rolleyes:

Batz

Just turn the starter upside down :lol:

if you turned the starter upsidedown, and also the fan, would this not make it a stopper:)

I also tried to reverce the polarity of my fan and it wouldent work, A little surprising for a DC motor.

BTW for anyone interested, you cant use a 24v power supply on a 12v Motor, somthing about smoke...melting plastic, sparks and stuff that my starter....or in this case....stopper dint like

If a fan spins anti clockwise and no one is there to see it, does it exist?.......Zen Brewing

Latest posts

Back