Stereotypes: Brewers have beards

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you a bearded brewer?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No (although if I could, I would be)

• No

• Sometimes

• Total voters
My job requires me to shave everyday I'm on. I can't get out of that. Every other day, especially hoildays, I'm saving money on razors.
Recently had six weeks hoildays and let it go wild. It was a healthy effort and pissed the missus off no end. Despite my best efforts and holding out as long as possible, I learnt quickly that a beard or stubble = no loving.

And there my bearded brewer effort ended with a root. :D

It gets fuller.

And softer.

I worked at Ravensthorpe Nickel Mine for a while and they were starting up the sulphur furnace and the sulphuric acid plant. From that time all personnel had to shave so breathing equipment would seal on the face.

I left a couple of weeks beforehand. I bet Razor prices and the local shop would have shot up.

Hah, my missus is the opposite! I've normally got a weeks growth and just keep it tidy, if I shave it off she says it's like hooking up with a little boy.

I was a Nurse for around 13yrs and I always failed the Pandemic training because I had a beard and the masks wouldn't seal on my face.
Didn't bother me though, they couldn't make me shave or sack me, because in the event of a pandemic I would not be called in to help...bloody suited me just fine.

I had a full beard for a few years then when it got trendy, I shaved it off. I ain't no hipster as Ive always brought my double pocket flannos from lowes for $10. Dunno how people can justify to spend $70 on one.
Oh I have a shaved head to. Not one of those comb over things all the hipsters do to look like each other.
I definately felt like a better brewer when I had a beard but.

Bribie G said:
Spanish saying,

Kissing a man without a moustache is like eating an egg without salt.
French saying - kissing a man without a moustache is like eating dinner without dessert. (Said to my wife by a Frenchman.)

Many years ago had a very poor boss who had a full beard of which he was very proud

One of my colleagues commented- 'you know why he has a beard? ........... It's to hide the stretch marks'

Cheers

I'm with Benn, once it get's past about a week, it's so ******* itchy I almost make my throat bleed.

Once in uni, it reached the point of unbearable while I was actually stoned. I had to go home and shave there was nothing else for it.

I think the only way I could do it is if I just shaved my neck 'The Bachelor' style....

I'm a yes but recently went down form 2 years with long beard to a number 5 clipper job for summer.

For me it ain't a fashion thing. I hate shaving.

I guess I have the trimmed Batchelor style as described. Shaving doesn't agree with me at all especially in summer. I still shave cheeks and neck and suffer the sweat rash something chronic in summer sometimes no matter what I try so its an easy choice. Less shaving the better.

Traindriver = Rich ( Rich ~$150k PA )
Traindriver + beard = Rich
Brewer + beard = Rich

I know it follows the same Monty Python logic regarding Witches, so it must be true

NOTE WEAL is neither a Train Driver or has any sort of decent beard, but he may be a brewer

A bit late to the party, but I'm on and off. Usually let it grow, trim it, then get sick of it and shave... only to repeat the cycle as I cbf to shave again!

Latest posts

Back