Stereotypes: Brewers have beards

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you a bearded brewer?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No (although if I could, I would be)

• No

• Sometimes

• Total voters
Had one for years, then didn't for a few years, had one again, and now I again don't have one.

Makes no difference to how my beers taste.

And, I can't be a stereotype, as they broke the mould when they made me. The world is a maybe a better place for not having more of me me me me me.

Edit: I don't need a beard to prove I'm a brewer. :lol: :p :lol: :p

I am a bearded brewer I have pretty much had a beard for near 20yrs well before it was a trend.
I have been a victim of stereotyping due to my beard from an obvious hipster who was sporting a handlebar moustache, a haircut obviously from one of these new old school barbers and wearing suspenders. I was at the Grainstore, a great craft beer pub that attracts the trendy, when this hipster says "there's another one". I stopped and asked him "another what mate?" He says "another guy with a beard in here" I then informed him I'd had this beard for near 20yrs well before it was a thing and that he should bloody well have a go at himself I then stormed off to the bar to grab another Berliner Weisse brewed with Australian native Finger Limes delightfully tart, dry though refreshing....no I am not a bloody hipster!

sp0rk said:
Tried growing a beard a few times now, it always turns out as a massive failure :(
Nearly 32 and I still have the facial hair of a 13 y/o
43 and same. :(

You can own a March Pump, you can even build your own brewery, but.....your not a real brewer if you don't have a beard.

aa.jpg

Started a holiday goatee just over a year ago, haven't shaved it since.
I was sure the wife and/or kids would complain, not so far though.

Decided I'd get at least to one year, and now I'm not sure what to do, I've grown somewhat attached.

Got passport photos done yesterday and it's fair to say with a shaved head, one year old goatee and the no smile policy all that's missing is the booking number under that mugshot.

I've had a beard for forty years, shaved it off once a year back. Mrs hated it, said she could see too much of my face! :lol: :lol: :p

Batz said:
I've had a beard for forty years, shaved it off once a year back. Mrs hated it, said she could see too much of my face! :lol: :lol: :p
Shaved mine off last week, kids asked me to grow it back because i look a weird kind of ugly.

Shaving is very overrated

If the Husband doesnt have a beard then he is the wife

Had my beard for 47 years (since 18yrs) and although have had it short, long, short, mainly long have never had a shave. My kids in their early 40's have never seen me without. Does that make me a hipster?

grott said:
Had my beard for 47 years (since 18yrs) and although have had it short, long, short, mainly long have never had a shave. My kids in their early 40's have never seen me without. Does that make me a hipster?
I have 40 year old and 37 year old sons, neither have seen me without a beard either.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Shaving is very overrated

If the Husband doesnt have a beard then he is the wife
Seems appropriate. If your dad doesn't have a beard, you've got two mums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmFnarFSj_U

Brownsworthy said:
I am a bearded brewer I have pretty much had a beard for near 20yrs well before it was a trend.

I was at.. a great craft beer pub that attracts the trendy,...no I am not a bloody hipster!
Let's look at the facts Brownie, you've intimated your participation in something before it was trendy (hipsters do that).

You were at a trendy pub known to attract hipsters (hipsters do that).

You live in a trendy part of town (hipsters do that).

I've seen your beard, you may just need to accept you are a hipster. :lol:

Edit: and hipsters always say that they aren't hipsters

grott said:
Every time I look at you grott I am convinced your Billy Gibbons incognito.

Kumamoto_Ken said:
Started a holiday goatee just over a year ago, haven't shaved it since.
I was sure the wife and/or kids would complain, not so far though.

Decided I'd get at least to one year, and now I'm not sure what to do, I've grown somewhat attached.

Got passport photos done yesterday and it's fair to say with a shaved head, one year old goatee and the no smile policy all that's missing is the booking number under that mugshot.
Goatees are good because they avoid inner thigh rash.

Judanero said:
Let's look at the facts Brownie, you've intimated your participation in something before it was trendy (hipsters do that).

You were at a trendy pub known to attract hipsters (hipsters do that).

You live in a trendy part of town (hipsters do that).

I've seen your beard, you may just need to accept you are a hipster. :lol:
Fark you Juddy, I've lived here all my life from when people used to fear walking through for fear of being mugged! I'm the old bogan yobbo guard of this hill!
But I guess you've got me over a barrel and I'll just have to accept that I am the ultimate of trend setters and I can't help it that these posers try to imitate me they do say it's the sincerest form of flattery.

Yours truly,
The bogan yobbo guard of this hill and ultimate trend setter Brownsworthy.

Only had a full beard once for about 15 months as the grandkids asked me to grow one, but everyone reckoned i looked like some wild man out of the jungle so i let the grand kids cut it off, they laughed so hard i had to finish it

Have had a mo for 30 odd years so i'm not the stereotype

Since we're talking stereotypes.

In my travels, I've found that older blokes with grey goatees often seem a bit too serious.

Back