Stc 1000 v keg King temp control

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hooper80

Reaction score
Please tell me which is best? I'm in the process of building a keezer and I currently have two keg King temp controllers, but I see most of you run the stc 1000?

I use the KK controller for my fermentation chest freezer. Why? Because it was on the shelf in my LHBS and easier than having something wired up. Can't fault it.

I've got 4 of the older keg king controllers running 4 Chesties , 1 one my 500 ltr keezer, 3 on my 300 ltr fermentation/lagering Chesties . Had them all for 3 years now, no issues and still all going.... Touch wood

stc cheaper
stc "requires" a licensed sparky to do it "properly"

KK more expensive
KK pre wired and certified
KK is programmable for step mashing or fermentation schedules

hooper80 said:
Please tell me which is best? I'm in the process of building a keezer and I currently have two keg King temp controllers, but I see most of you run the stc 1000?
Hi friend,
welcome to our store and have a look :beerbang:

The inkbird is a good option, I have one and it's got a few functions that neither of these others do.

Compared to a neat STC build it's only slightly higher in cost, you could do an STC a lot cheaper if you don't buy a nice box etc.

Back