STC-1000 output to a computer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrGibbon

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Im wondering if its possible, or if anyone has managed to get the output (temp reading) off the STC-1000 and into a computer somehow?
Ive asked the googles and nothing has popped up so far.

Cheers

not a techno whiz but I believe it would be easier to hook up an arduino and have that interface with network/pc couple of the guys have done it and I'm sure they'll chime in, and this post would prolly be better off in Electronics and Hardware/Software, Technical brewing thread

What are you trying to do with the data once you have it in the pc?

If you just want a pretty real time graph of what's happening it's probably easier to get a separate data logger.

If you want to control the heating / cooling, then an arduino is probably the easiest way.

QldKev

There was a user here who set up his temp controller so it tweeted his ferment temp on the hour. Can't remember his name, though.

Thanks guys.
I'm looking for any opportunity to geek up my gear, I'm an IT Security nerd myself lol.
Cheers!

Easiest would be Arduino or Raspberry Pi + DS18B20 sensor (loads on evilbay), there are libs for this sensor and it's fairly easy to get going if you've had some coding experience.

Back