Quantcast

STC-1000 output to a computer?

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

MrGibbon

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Im wondering if its possible, or if anyone has managed to get the output (temp reading) off the STC-1000 and into a computer somehow?
Ive asked the googles and nothing has popped up so far.

Cheers

MastersBrewery

Journeyman, the learning never stops
Reaction score
not a techno whiz but I believe it would be easier to hook up an arduino and have that interface with network/pc couple of the guys have done it and I'm sure they'll chime in, and this post would prolly be better off in Electronics and Hardware/Software, Technical brewing thread

QldKev

Brew Dude
Reaction score
What are you trying to do with the data once you have it in the pc?

If you just want a pretty real time graph of what's happening it's probably easier to get a separate data logger.

If you want to control the heating / cooling, then an arduino is probably the easiest way.

QldKev

peas_and_corn

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I cannot mash that
Reaction score
There was a user here who set up his temp controller so it tweeted his ferment temp on the hour. Can't remember his name, though.

MrGibbon

Reaction score
Thanks guys.
I'm looking for any opportunity to geek up my gear, I'm an IT Security nerd myself lol.
Cheers!

seemax

Reaction score
Easiest would be Arduino or Raspberry Pi + DS18B20 sensor (loads on evilbay), there are libs for this sensor and it's fairly easy to get going if you've had some coding experience.

Latest posts