Stc 1000 In Pictures

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TwoCrows said:
This topic really helped me out, extremely imforative as I wired up my stc 1000 today.

The sensor probe cable supplied stated 2 mtrs in lenght . The one supplied is only 60 cm.

my question guys is what cable/ wire can I use to extend it's overall lenght.
Thanks in advance
Cheap figure 8 grey speaker wire from jaycar

Thanks for that Mattrox , fast reply , the ink on the screen was still wet. I may have some lying around from years of put cheap speakers in my old car.

Has anyone used a double power point mounted in their box with the stc 1000 to eliminate the need for the heat and cool cables hanging out?

Seems like a good idea and would neaten it up a bit.

Ruger said:
Has anyone used a double power point mounted in their box with the stc 1000 to eliminate the need for the heat and cool cables hanging out?

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1454223346.874724.jpg

I used panel mount power points. Heat on one side cool on the other. About $7 from jaycar.

Mattrox said:
I used panel mount power points. Heat on one side cool on the other. About $7 from jaycar.
Looks good. Would there be any problem being able to switch it off at the power point if I went that way?

Ruger said:
Looks good. Would there be any problem being able to switch it off at the power point if I went that way?
Nope, but I also did this.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1454224973.858748.jpg

Ruger said:

Looked at doing that myself, only problem is the double power point has one power source. You can't separate the outputs. You could use two single power points though. I ended up just putting a on/off switch on the 240vac input.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1459500332.103619.jpg

$4 tool box from Bunnings. (Credit to previous poster on another thread which I can't seem to locate).

What settings does everyone use for set temp and the difference setting. For an 18 deg ferment I have set 18 and difference of 3

yochris77 said:
What settings does everyone use for set temp and the difference setting. For an 18 deg ferment I have set 18 and difference of 3
Three seems high. If your probe is attached to the fermenter and insulated from the ambient temp of your ferm fridge, I don't see why a 1C differential would be an issue. Never was for me.

Wouldnt 3 give you a possible temp difference of 6deg? I used to have it set to 1 but know of have it at .5

I ordered an "STC-1000" off ebay and instead received a RC-316M which I can not find much info about.
Looks the exact same as an STC1000 but different wiring, I've put together an STC1000 without issue following diagrams but not sure about this.

This is the wiring diagram, only need cooling function.

Edit:
This is my interpretation:

Last edited:
Got the ITC-1000 of inkbird.
Works a treat.
Used two 2m extention cables from Bunnings. $2.50 ea.
Total for the unit and cables $23
BARGAIN

And then you think too yourself. That didn't cost much and buy another one and then another fridge and then.................................

Latest posts

Back