Stc 1000 12v Did I Get The Wrong One?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bad I thought it was 12v in and out. Should have read it better.

As for the tupperware - each to their own. I don't see the difference between this and a jiffy box which is recommended in more than one thread, apart from the screw down factor.

FWIW Qld Kev's info is spot on as you say.

Hi Rob,
Not looking to have a go, but tupperware is made to be opened without tools and electrical project boxes are made to be opened WITH the use of tools. Electrical conductors should not be accessible without the use of tools, as otherwise kids or less knowledgeable adults could open electrical equipment and electrocute themselves. Having to use tools for access requires dexterity and intent.
It's a safety thing.
Cheers
Dan

Somewhere in AS3008 it says that covers shall be only removed with the use of tools.
Get a proper box food containers look shit.

I'm sure it also says somewhere that this thing should he dine by a qualified electrician, tested, tagged etc. As for what it looks like lol good on ya.

Hi Rob,
Not looking to have a go, but tupperware is made to be opened without tools and electrical project boxes are made to be opened WITH the use of tools. Electrical conductors should not be accessible without the use of tools, as otherwise kids or less knowledgeable adults could open electrical equipment and electrocute themselves. Having to use tools for access requires dexterity and intent.
It's a safety thing.
Cheers
Dan

Nah man all good. I understand. My brewery is under lock & key so I'm only killing myself.

Hi Rob,
It's a safety thing.
Cheers
Dan

I had the same thing happen last week with a hunting bow I have sitting in the spare room. A friend was, "Dude, shouldn't that thing be locked away!?" and I said, "You have to be an adult to draw the bloody thing - it's harmless to kids."

These threads are why people fear wiring the STC1000. To many "electricians" telling each other they're doing it wrong.

QldKev's post is the one to read.
Very good point, Nick.
OP bought the wrong thing in the first place and (no offence, Icewind, if you don't know, you don't know), and people are telling him how to modify it?
Any chance you can send back for a 240v model? Simpler, easier.

Very good point, Nick.
OP bought the wrong thing in the first place and (no offence, Icewind, if you don't know, you don't know), and people are telling him how to modify it?
Any chance you can send back for a 240v model? Simpler, easier.

That's what id try and do.

Just noticed another thing on the original ebay link.
the pic showing the wiring diagram on the stc1000 shows the power supply as 12VAC, not DC.
You better confirm this with the seller before you go buying a power supply if you're going down this path.

Just let your sparky mate do all the hard work and pay him with beer.

Just noticed another thing on the original ebay link.
the pic showing the wiring diagram on the stc1000 shows the power supply as 12VAC, not DC.
You better confirm this with the seller before you go buying a power supply if you're going down this path.

Just let your sparky mate do all the hard work and pay him with beer.

Yeh no, its 12vdc in the technical specs.

I'll be cheeky, anyone here want some 12v stc1000s (or do a swap with 220v)?
If not, i think I may send one back (Hong Kong Ebay), and purchase a second one. I really want to get something going this weekend. I have a spare 12vdc adapter, so i'll get one 12v done and when I receive the two in a few weeks or a month i'll just replace the 12v with the 220 (with the appropriate modifications done of course ;) )

Yeh, I realised as soon as I received the notification that the "12v stc1000 has now been marked as sent" lol that 12v was likely not the right one to get.

The 12v models would be good for car fridges where the original controller shit itself. I can just imagine the cost of a Waeco replacemant controller compared to a STC1000.

Steve

An STC1000 240v doing it's job.
Mounted in a Jarcar mounting box and using Jaycar outlets. Inside using two terminal blocks, one for the earths and one for active an neutral.

IMAG0136.jpg

If not, i think I may send one back (Hong Kong Ebay), and purchase a second one. I really want to get something going this weekend. I have a spare 12vdc adapter, so i'll get one 12v done and when I receive the two in a few weeks or a month i'll just replace the 12v with the 220 (with the appropriate modifications done of course ;) )

Yeh, I realised as soon as I received the notification that the "12v stc1000 has now been marked as sent" lol that 12v was likely not the right one to get.

I'll give you a 20 and a couple of HB beers for it, if you are in the inner Sydney metro area or thereabouts

An STC1000 240v doing it's job.
Mounted in a Jarcar mounting box and using Jaycar outlets. Inside using two terminal blocks, one for the earths and one for active an neutral.

Mount one in your dash and use it to control the AC compressor coming on and off.

Redneck climate control!

Which does make you wonder why all cars don't have climate control if the curcuit costs $16...

How did you go with this? I did the same mistake, after looking at what seemed like millions of STC-1000s I bought the wrong one (too many ebay windows open at once) so just seeing if you had any luck or I might be testing this out in the carpark :lol:

Mount one in your dash and use it to control the AC compressor coming on and off.

Redneck climate control!

Which does make you wonder why all cars don't have climate control if the curcuit costs $16...

Better & cheaper idea than sending it back to HK!!!

these 12v ones still work no worries i have 2 controlling my keezer and fridge at the moment no problems all ok

I had the same thing happen last week with a hunting bow I have sitting in the spare room. A friend was, "Dude, shouldn't that thing be locked away!?" and I said, "You have to be an adult to draw the bloody thing - it's harmless to kids."

Problem is the idiot adults pulling the strings... not so harmless when it goes through the old colorbond fence and hits the kid on the other side

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/shot-with-an-arr...0201-1qrvr.html

Novel idea I had to keep our chooks cool during heatwaves (having lost the flock last year to heat). One STC1000, one 24v irrigation transformer and irrigation solenoid linked to a misting kit (new out at the Big Shed)

Set the temp at 35C on the cooling side, the misters can cool down to 10C below ambient and it works a treat.

-=Steve=-

Latest posts

Back