• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Starting out again, looking for basics in Hobart

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decr

Reaction score
Hi,

just moved interstate and got rid of all my brewing kit a couple of years ago, so I'm looking at starting up again... And have no kit. I'm sure I'll find what I need at the local homebrew store, but just wondering if anyone around Hobart is looking at getting rid of some equipment, if so I'd be interested. Also any hints on where to source the necessities are always welcome!

Can't wait to get back into it.

decr said:
Also any hints on where to source the necessities are always welcome!
Brewtas in Liverpool st gets my vote. Super friendly and they know their trade.
Come along to the New Sydney tomorrow night at 8pm for the monthly brew club meeting. We are in the function room up the top. Head around the back of the bar, then up the stairs. Once you get upstairs walk around the room until you find the 2nd bar. We are in a small room out there. You will likely see a few others floating about. You might be able to find someone there who is looking to offload some kit.

Thanks for the reply Alex.Tas, unfortunately tomorrow might be a bit too close to organise. Is there a website or some such where to find more info about the club and it's meetings etc?

Cheers

Thanks for the info, it's appreciated. I have never even heard of the freecycle thing, might give it a go as I'm on a budget with this one for now.

What are you after?
I've just moved here too. Got most of my stuff with me, be using the hobart shop for ingredients real soon.

manticle said:
What are you after?
I've just moved here too. Got most of my stuff with me, be using the hobart shop for ingredients real soon.
Long term plan is to move on from K&K as well as start kegging instead of bottling, but for the time being I'm looking at (slowly) building up the equipment and well... consumables to tide me over. I had a read through one of the cider threads yesterday, went to brewtas, got the starter kit, bits and bobs plus a 5l demi for the cider trial. Will need to go back on Friday for some more to get the Coopers Real Ale kit (came with the starter thing) going over the weekend.

I'm still in the market for things like additional FVs, cubes, demis/carboys and other "nice to have" things like a siphon, scales, thermometer, test vial for the hydrometer etc (you get the idea). Plus all the other things I will remind myself of while reading AHB in the coming days. So nothing too specific, all I have at the moment are the absolute basics to get a K&K going. Having just bought a house there are some serious budget restrictions in place as you can imagine...

Would also be nice to have a sticky beak in a brewday but that's a story for another time.

Thanks for the replies!

Latest posts

Back