Starsan

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taleismin

Reaction score
Guy's

I'am wondering if you know anywhere in Perth WA where you can buy Starsan. I've heard its a quick (2min) and easy sanitiser? Is there another brand which is similar, i want to find a quick sanitiser as i have some stuff now but you have to wait 1 hr before use.

Taleismin said:
Guy's

I'am wondering if you know anywhere in Perth WA where you can buy Starsan. I've heard its a quick (2min) and easy sanitiser? Is there another brand which is similar, i want to find a quick sanitiser as i have some stuff now but you have to wait 1 hr before use.
From memory on the starsan website it lists Craftbrewer as the only importer in Australia. I could be wrong. Link I found was on the Craftbrewer website under the PBS link.

I tried TWOC in Bibra Lake and was told 'it won't be available for sometime'.

I ordered mine through Craftbrewer too (as I do most of my products). I just filled the postage bag with other goodies like grain, yeast and hops to make the postage worthwhile ($10.00 postage I think).

It's awesome stuff so easy to use and can have a spray bottle on hand for easy sanitising.

It's available on ebay, not sure of the price comparison vs. craftbrewer.

Edit: Prices are pretty comparable. $36 + $10pp on ebay vs. $35 + ??pp at Craftbrewer.

I'm pretty sure CB is the importer. A bottle lasts me about a year. I bought some in January as the current bottle was down to a third full. It still looks about a third full and the new bottle is still in the bubble wrap :lol:
Postage to Taree area worked out identical to Bribie Island, which it would be if you specify Aus Post when you check out, so I filled out order with hops etc same as if I was still at my old location.

Brewmart in Bayswater are showing it on their website.

I think the Home Brew Shops who sell it, buy it from Ross as a wholesaler. I once got some from Grain and Grape when CB were out. Worth checking around if there is ever a shortage again.

Doesn't really matter to me what I pay for it as it's not something I need to buy frequently. Holy crap Bribie, if you're going through a bottle per year you're sanitising way more stuff than I do! :lol:

I spray kitchen benches, chopping boards and heaps of stuff with it - it's actually intended for the kitchen trade AFAIK. If I had a dog I'd bathe it in Starsan as well.

Thanks guys for all your advice. I ending up going to Brew Master in Bayswater and got some there, Thanks Tavas :D

Bribie G said:
If I had a dog I'd bathe it in Starsan as well.

I'm sure the dog is glad you're not having it. :lol:

Acid bath :unsure:

Back