Stammtisch Challange

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Q - How quickly will a brew carb up in the bottle! :lol:

Thinking I shall have to carb this in the keg, and CPBF this brew.

Q - How quickly will a brew carb up in the bottle! :lol:

Thinking I shall have to carb this in the keg, and CPBF this brew.

yeah, keg it, then bottle the night before and bring along i'd say. give it no chance to go stale/infected etc.

Is there a get-together or anything planned to taste these beers? I'd like the opportunity to try some of the Reds brewed by others.

Mines ready to go (once I fill the bottle from the keg!). Do we need to drop it off before judging day or bring it along on judging day? One trip is easier than two...

Been too damn busy to brew for this, hope you get/got plenty of entries Phil.
Hope I can get something done for the next challenge.
Good luck to those that got involved.

Phil
I'll catch up with you over the weekend for a chat about a few things.

Cheers
Nige

mine is in the bottle and ready to go...just need to get it to someone.

Mine is in the bottle and not tasting very nice - don't think I will be entering it.

Mine got racked on the weekend and is now cold conditioning.

Will keg and CPBF a few bottles for the judge off.

Kieran - how long has it been in the bottle?

I've basically drunk all of my stammtisch challange...have only about 5 pints of it left in the keg...

I had originally hoped to get some entrants from interstate, but if there aren't any, then by all means, drop off your bottle to someone that will be there on judging day (that is if you can't make it on judging day). Location will be either Kurralta Park or Marleston.

When is judging day you ask? Well, that depends on the judges, being Jayse, Boston and (maybe kieren if he doesn't enter). Mike and QB, were you both still keen on judging? I'm thinking of Friday the 17th or Saturday the 18th for judging...how does that sound for you lot?

Cheers
Phil

I doubt his mum would let him. He's clearly got some homework to catch up on before he's allowed out to play.

good luck drgoldenale 007
speedie B)

To fill in the gaps, this comment by speedie is a derogatory one intended to convey speedie's beleif the dr smurto is a one-ale wonder.

Is anyone aware of a recipe posted by speedie that has met with any acclaim let alone widespread?

To fill in the gaps, this comment by speedie is a derogatory one intended to convey speedie's beleif the dr smurto is a one-ale wonder.

Is anyone aware of a recipe posted by speedie that has met with any acclaim let alone widespread?

Captain Aggot must have missed a few of the other well thought out recipes and well made beers...must be in too much of a hurry to notice.

I tasted my Irish and had some concerns about potential Acetaldehyde but it was a bit young and lacked any...well flavour. Such is the nature of an Irish red though :eek:

I've basically drunk all of my stammtisch challange...have only about 5 pints of it left in the keg...

I had originally hoped to get some entrants from interstate, but if there aren't any, then by all means, drop off your bottle to someone that will be there on judging day (that is if you can't make it on judging day). Location will be either Kurralta Park or Marleston.

When is judging day you ask? Well, that depends on the judges, being Jayse, Boston and (maybe kieren if he doesn't enter). Mike and QB, were you both still keen on judging? I'm thinking of Friday the 17th or Saturday the 18th for judging...how does that sound for you lot?

Cheers
Phil

Friday 17th is best for me.

Kieran - how long has it been in the bottle?

Been in the bottle now for 3 weeks. To try and squeeze this into my brew schedule I had brew without my usual ferment temp control. I can enter it if people want to taste a beer fermented way too warm but I think we all know what that tastes like. I have a couple of bottles in Adelaide, I will crack one tonight when I come down and see how it is going.

Cheers
Phil

I don't mind judging but I have no experience what so ever, apart from drinking beer :blink: . I will be down that weekend - saturday would suit me better but could do Friday.

I spoke to Phil earlier & it looks like we'll be judging at my place at Marleston on the 17th. Kick off about 7 would work well for me.

Back