Stainless table

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To my eyes they dont look very sturdy for the price imho. The stainless might be quality but the build doesnt look it. Im not sure where you are located and if you can transport one but in Melbourne and Im sure other bigger cities there are 2nd hand catering places around that sell used catering equipment like benches. Have a look on Gumtree.

Edit: If you are going to put 50kg plus of boiling hot liquid on a bench you want it to be strong.

As nosco said, I second the second-hand catering places, as well as Gray's Online. They're both the go for quality stainless benches. For example, this one.

If you buy off Gray's, pay attention to the buyer's premium, as that and GST will be added on top of the auction price.

I bought this bench second hand for $150 from a bloke on ebay a couple of years ago.

2000 x 850 x 900mm with lockable castors.

You can definitely do better than the links posted.

(And yes... the bench needs a clean up. :( )

bench.jpg

Lucky I just bought a 4m one.. No more room in the shed!

Grays has always been a no go for me since Canberra is prohibitively distant from anything decent. It's all gumtree for me.

Fark how many keg posts does one man need in a lifetime? ;)

Do you mean the bucket of keg couplers?

They are ones I have decommissioned from use, They are old and ratsh!t now.

But to answer your question, at last count, I had just shy of 600. This time of year, most of them go out on hire, and I don't see them again until after Christmas. I'd love another 400 or so to round things out. ;)

fair call on how those benches may appear in the post OP. I agree with wanting a stable bench to brew on. I just bought the first one from Oz-Plaza with castors. Reading this link - for the one I bought with castors says it can weight bear 50kg per castor.

Just an FYI - if mfroes is still considering this.

Cheers

Grays has always been a no go for me since Canberra is prohibitively distant from anything decent. It's all gumtree for me.
I remember the good old days when you make a bid and thats what you payed not buyers premium not even gst.

fair call on how those benches may appear in the post OP. I agree with wanting a stable bench to brew on. I just bought the first one from Oz-Plaza with castors. Reading this link - for the one I bought with castors says it can weight bear 50kg per castor.

Just an FYI - if mfroes is still considering this.

Cheers
yes chris still trying to figure out what to do.
i'm thinking that maybe these tables are too high thou. cant seem to figure out how to llift a malt pipe from the 50l braumeister on something that high.

yes chris still trying to figure out what to do.
i'm thinking that maybe these tables are too high thou. cant seem to figure out how to llift a malt pipe from the 50l braumeister on something that high.

They are definitely too high for a 50L Brau. I have a few of the stainless tables mentioned, and i am now brewing on a foldable platform trolley. Clearance from ground to tap is around 300mm.

Back