• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Stainless Steel Quick connection fittings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaveFun

Reaction score
I read this morning in a post that someone replaces some grainfather circulation fittings with SS quick connection fittings - now i cannot find the post anymore :-(

he has been ordering them online and i forgot to save the address.. does anyone remember the post ?

i been searching for an hour and cannot find the post anymore

thanks

cheers
stefan

I cant help you in regards to that post, but its a good idea to use camlocks rather than the quick connectors where they will be exposed to heat as they are easier to use when hot.

The levers on the camlocks are easier to operate and don't get anywhere near as hot.

for example mount these to your vessel

http://www.brewmart.com.au/brewmart...7&SZIDX=0&CCODE=18205&QOH=132&CATID=430&CLN=1

and these to your hoses.

http://www.brewmart.com.au/brewmart...92&SZIDX=0&CCODE=18202&QOH=75&CATID=430&CLN=1

+1 for what Lionman said.

I recently replaced my ss disconnects for camlocks, much better.

that’s what i been looking for but there was a different post with the link to another online shop ali something...

Same here, swapped over from my quick disconnects to cam fittings, loads easier to work with

Brewhardware.com in the states makes a camlock to compression fitting. I have seen it on the Robobrew, I haven't seen a grainfather so not sure if it will work.

Does anyone have a source for cheap camlocks? I have found plenty of male threaded and barbed cheap on ebay / aliexpress but things get expensive with the female barbed fittings...

I used brewhardware.com as by the time you ship from the USA it worked out to be 3/4 of what I would have paid locally. Plus the site offers a few different fittings that you can't get elsewhere.

Thanks, I've used them before when I was in the states and they have a decent range, but it doesn't seem that cheap when I factor in shipping.

Latest posts

Back