Stainless Steel Fittings, Couplings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrissyBrew

MashMaster
Reaction score
I am after some 13mm 1/2 inch SS couplings to weld into my kegs.
I will also be after some SS ball valves.

I am looking for a cheap supplier and want to design my system with standardised fittings if at all possible.

Can a 1/2 inch fitting be used on a 13mm fitting. A few things I am after such a thermocouple wells, temp gauges etc etc are imperial 1/2 inch fittngs can they be used with 13mm fittings.

I want something standardised and plan to buy all the required fittings plus a couple spare if necessary.

half inch Bsp SS fitting available from Pirtek and Blackwods catalogue both quite expensive , there must be cheaper but difficult to find small suppliers keeping stock .

Pumpy

If you don't mind mail order, check out:

Industrial Fitting Sales (noble park victoria).

sosman said:
If you don't mind mail order, check out:

Industrial Fitting Sales (noble park victoria).
[post="58017"][/post]​
try your nearest/ local boating supply store cheers spog

Brissy Brew
I can supply u with some SS Fittings.

1/2 inch BSP Approx 20.7mm Male 3/4 inch BSP one end - steps down to 1/2 inch male - comes with fibre washers - ss washers and ss lock nut
approx 70mm long - Price is 35.00ea

Or if u want the Ball valve further away from the kettle as in if u want to use gas fired nasa burners.
I have 3/4 inch Female to 3/8 inch BSP - approx 16mm - that is 6 inches long.
One end has no thread around the 3/4 inch feamle socket for easy welding - or there is thread at the 3/8 inch male.
u will need to source lock nuts and fibre washers for it...

I also have a spare 1/2 inch and a 3/4 inch Ball Valve SS.

Here is a pic...
Panel_Ext_Ball_Valve.jpg

PM Me if u r interested....

hi ya brissybrew

tony powells hoses in brissy southside has most of the bits you want, ss ball valves at a good price. Prochem in brissy has some stuff too but they are more expensive but have a higher grade of stuff.There are diiferent grades cause some can be used for high pressure industrial applications
check out my website for a giz at some of prochems bits
www.bucketsofbeer.info
all you need to attach is a ss bush or alternatively a compresion fitting (for the pickup) a few SS washers (can be sourced at my local bolt and screw shop)and some rubber o- rings or fibre washers . I found it a real sh*ter to get all the bits together :angry:

but now their all together I'm AG' n like the best of em

lou

Back