Stainless Steel Compression Nuts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TidalPete

BREWING BY THE BEACH
Reaction score
In the on-going campaign to eliminate brass from the inside of my boiler I have looked everywhere for a stainless steel 1\2" BSP compression fitting nut & olive without success. Does anyone (especially you Qld blokes) know where I can pick one up? :( :(

Prochem in brissy have em but they are not cheap - around the $30 mark if i remember right - theyre in geebung - ph 3265 2711

Looking through the IFS catalogue.... they look to have the right gear too...
1/2" tube to 1/2" BSP is $21.40.
There is a list of around 20 different sizes from 1/8" up to 1".

dreamboat

dreamboat said:
Looking through the IFS catalogue.... they look to have the right gear too...
1/2" tube to 1/2" BSP is $21.40.
There is a list of around 20 different sizes from 1/8" up to 1".

dreamboat
[post="59339"][/post]​

Thanks lou & dreamboat, I may be taking a trip to Brissie soon.
Dreamboat, Don't want to display my ignorance, but what does IFS stand for? Are they in Brisbane? Do they just hand out their catalogues? :blink:

IFS is Industrial Fitting Sales.
They are around the marooka area... shit.. why don't I just look in the catalogue....

17 Medway Street
Rocklea
ph 3848 3811

They don't just hand out catalogues, as they need to update them constantly, so send a rep around to do that every couple of months.

dreamboat

Definitely check out Prochem in Geebung if you're heading down from the Sunny Coast (only open week days though).
Paul Hoey is they guy I have been dealing with. Tell him you're after stuff for HB and he is really helpful.

Hoops

Back