Stainless steel bench for brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deevee

Brewing Daisy beers
Reaction score
hey brewers

I’m looking for a bench for my system but most benches are around 900mm high. Is there one out there which is around 600mm high as the extra height isn’t needed.

Thanks
Daisy

I have one from Bunnings, you could cut down the legs. They are notched every 40ish mm so making them even wouldn't be hard. They were on special for 150ish recently.

I have one from Bunnings, you could cut down the legs. They are notched every 40ish mm so making them even wouldn't be hard. They were on special for 150ish recently.

Oh thanks mate. So u know the brand type and do u have a photo? Cheers

I can't remember the brand it was a while ago. I don't have a pic on my phone but if you look on eBay for stainless work bench it's similar to one of those. I have a wire rack on the lower shelf which works well as a drying rack for the brew equipment.

I got one from Handy Imports and cut down the top of the legs before attaching them.

I’ve seen this mob on eBay. I’ll have a look again. Cheers for that.

For my Braumeister 50L, I went with this square stainless work table and these castor wheels.

I cut the legs down to give a table height of about 640mm.

Oh these were the ones I was looking at. So the castors fit these tables? Also how easy was it to cut down the poles and with what tools you use? These would be my preferred tables just the height turned me off.

Oh these were the ones I was looking at. So the castors fit these tables? Also how easy was it to cut down the poles and with what tools you use? These would be my preferred tables just the height turned me off.
Castors fit no problems. I just used a hacksaw. A little bit of effort, but not too bad. If I had to do any more I'd make up a jig to hold the legs in place while cutting. The rough end fits inside a sleeve under the bench, so my dodgy workmanship was concealed ;)

@deevee

hey brewers

I’m looking for a bench for my system but most benches are around 900mm high. Is there one out there which is around 600mm high as the extra height isn’t needed.

Thanks
Daisy

I have seen some Stainless Steel benches at Federal Hospitality Equipment in Australia and NZ, maybe you could find some that suits your needs.

Just made this today to age sometime in a few weeks.

A bit of 90x45 and some plywood which was laying around.

Attachments

• 20220326_093752.jpg
    20220326_093752.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 20220325_202547.jpg
    20220325_202547.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 43

Latest posts

Back