Stainless Siphon

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

citizensnips

Reaction score
Sorry to bother you all with a simple question. I've tried hunting around and it seems pretty hard to find a stainless steel siphon for sale is Aus, similar to this one here here . Im only after the main part of the siphon, I can by the silicone tubing if need be, just cant seem to find one for sale. Any one know where I could grab one?
Cheers

Ps. Anyone use one of these here, seems like maybe its an easy option just with some heavy duty silicone tubing.

Dam it I just found them ss siphon .

I bought a S/S auto siphon hose tip thing from Gryphon and use it attached to 1/2" silicone tubing. This little gadget has helped enormously with racking to bottling buckets, transferring off yeastcake into secondary/lagering containers, etc. It took me a couple of gos to get the hang of it, so the advice I'd give people is you hold the silicone tubing above the wort as you jiggle the s/s hose tip up and down in the vessel. When it has sucked enough wort into the hose, lower and siphon works splendidly. I don't have an affiliation with Gryphon but would really recommend this little piece. Haven't seen them selling anywhere else...

that's good to here notung. I recon that's what im going to go with, don't have a lot of money so it seems the goods, just that and some heavy duty silicone tubing and I recon i should be set. I think im going to have a play around with it in water and just get the hang of it before I use it on my brew though.

I've got the 3/8 G&G one. Love it. Had auto ones fail before, and this only takes but a moment anyway. Heavy duty tube on the end, and away you go.

I've got the 3/8 G&G one. Love it. Had auto ones fail before, and this only takes but a moment anyway. Heavy duty tube on the end, and away you go.

So I take it you have to put the hose end in your mouth and suck to start the siphoning effect?

CB have the 3/8 ones too. I just got one the other day. Can't remember how much they were but they have heaps.

So I take it you have to put the hose end in your mouth and suck to start the siphoning effect?

Using your mouth can introduce bacteria you your fermented beer. Do a youtube search, tonnes of videos on how to do it properly with cooled boiled water. :icon_cheers:

Using your mouth can introduce bacteria you your fermented beer. Do a youtube search, tonnes of videos on how to do it properly with cooled boiled water. :icon_cheers:

I understand that method too, was just curious. Another option is to have a few inches of hose with an ID similar to the OD of the main hose - just slip it over to start the siphon and quickly pull it off once the liquid starts. No contamination with the hose that comes into contact with the beer.

I understand that method too, was just curious. Another option is to have a few inches of hose with an ID similar to the OD of the main hose - just slip it over to start the siphon and quickly pull it off once the liquid starts. No contamination with the hose that comes into contact with the beer.

I think I've posted it a million times, but I used to use those little plastic nozzles you get free at Bunnings to use with your silicon gun cartridges.

Insert it thin end first into your syphon hose or rackin cane, suck, then pull out just before the wort hits it.

I bought a S/S auto siphon hose tip thing from Gryphon and use it attached to 1/2" silicone tubing. This little gadget has helped enormously with racking to bottling buckets, transferring off yeastcake into secondary/lagering containers, etc. It took me a couple of gos to get the hang of it, so the advice I'd give people is you hold the silicone tubing above the wort as you jiggle the s/s hose tip up and down in the vessel. When it has sucked enough wort into the hose, lower and siphon works splendidly. I don't have an affiliation with Gryphon but would really recommend this little piece. Haven't seen them selling anywhere else...

Ditto,

I use it to siphon hot wort into no chill cubes.

works for anything else too.

ps: sucking on a tube full of boiling hot wort scares me.

Back