Stainless Pluto Gun

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crusty

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting one of these just to toss in the spare fridge with a 50L keg.
Having never owned one before or poured from one, how bad are they in terms of the actual pour, wastage etc compared to a quality beer tap. I can't drill the fridge so this is the next best thing I guess. How much beer line would be required running the keg @4°C & 70kpa. Beer line is 5mm ID, 8mm OD.

Next to no wastage in comparison to a tap at ambient on first pour, as its kept cold in the fridge. Operate it the same as a tap at the correct serving pressure (full on full off) and you won't have an issue. I'm happy with my decision to buy one of these instead of putting a tap in the door of my keg fridge. Running 5mm id here, at a length of about 1.5m at a rough guess. Can't remember off the top of my head exactly

love mine, it's solid man - nice and heavy and yeah it sits in the fridge on top of the keg, you can get a little stainless holster thingy too but not really needed imho

Pretty much no difference in pour between a pluto and my perlicks.
i have a stainless pluto. Really good if you just want to have one beer.
Just sits inside the kegerator, need to get a mount for it.
BTW also have a plastic one, feels really cheap, works much the same.

Rossco

Have a look through this thread for a metric spreadsheet calculator I did up based on a well known website that was in imperial. http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/92664-determining-proper-hose-length-for-your-kegerator/

Be careful with getting a 'stainless' pluto - i bought mine as part of a kit with some kegs and a regulator, and while it was advertised as a Stainless pluto, it was actually a Stainless/ABS composite pluto, which is mostly plastic. I wasn't too worried as it'll mostly be for parties and the odd taste test of kegs that are not ready for my taps yet so didn't follow it up, but beware for your own purchase.

It seemed to handle fine c.f. a tap, just be sure to go quickly full on or full off, if you go halfway you'll spray foam everywhere.

Moad said:
Hey Crusty I have a spare I am pretty sure. Let me double check when I'm home, if I do you can have it.

Moad.
Very generous offer Moad.
Thank you.

Back