Quantcast

Stainless Perlicks

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

sama

Reaction score
Ive had 525ss perlicks for a fair while now,no issues...i had a banner held onto my keg fridge with magnets for mates birthday.grabbed a magnet,placed on perlick.wtf...the lever it dont stick to,the body it does..low grade stainless or obviously not stainless?? supplier is about to get an email.grrr..check yours out for me guys before i blow up at them!

IMAG0673.jpg

pk.sax

RIP bum
Reaction score
Magnets tend to stick to my keggles. Obviously low grade eh?.....

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
Magnets tend to stick to my keggles. Obviously low grade eh?.....

Magnets don't stick to Braumeisters but they do stick to so called SS urns and some Aussie kegs.

As far as the Stainless Perlicks, you've been ripped. Magnets should not stick to good grade stainless.

sama

Reaction score
yeh i know 300 grade staino isnt magnetic,if thats what you meen by good
...i would think this is a mistake/error on the companys behalf not a blatant ripoff

Florian

Back On Track
Reaction score
I've got stainless (525) and chrome plated (545) Perlicks. Magnets stick to neither of them.

glenwal

aus Bier hergestellt
Reaction score
Magnets don't stick to Braumeisters but they do stick to so called SS urns and some Aussie kegs.
I believe cold rolling 304 stainless results in it becoming magnetic, which would be how the urns and kegs are manufactured, so doesn't necessarily mean a cheaper grade of stainless.

sama

Reaction score
so how do you know there all not chromed brass florian?

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
I believe cold rolling 304 stainless results in it becoming magnetic, which would be how the urns and kegs are manufactured, so doesn't necessarily mean a cheaper grade of stainless.

304 is a cheaper stainless

sama

Reaction score
304 is fine,its what most frypans etc are made of,304L on the other hand.304 very common in brewing industry

glenwal

aus Bier hergestellt
Reaction score
Generally when I think of cheap stainless i'm thinking of the 400 crap as used in cheap kitchen items. But if we're using 316 as the benchmark then yeah ok.

Florian

Back On Track
Reaction score
so how do you know there all not chromed brass florian?
Good point. The stainless ones came in boxes which had them declared at stainless, not that that proves anything.
The chrome plated ones look a bit shinier than the stainless, like a cheaper fake shine, more what I associate with chrome plated and the same as my chrome plated tap handles look. Not that I would know anything.

beerdrinkingbob

milk is for babies......
Reaction score
high powered magnet stick to perlicks too, not really fussed, they serve great beer!!!

sama

Reaction score
high powered magnet stick to perlicks too, not really fussed, they serve great beer!!!
yeh i was using a permanent magnet.Still im sure any 300 series stainless is non magnetic regardless.Must be 400.If ya aint fussed then why didnt you buy the chromies?The perm magnet wont stick to the lever which i would say is 300 series

sama

Reaction score
i must add scratches on them do not reveal any brass etc.

beerdrinkingbob

milk is for babies......
Reaction score
yeh i was using a permanent magnet.Still im sure any 300 series stainless is non magnetic regardless.Must be 400.If ya aint fussed then why didnt you buy the chromies?The perm magnet wont stick to the lever which i would say is 300 series
I take your point, clearly SS was the what i wanted when i bought them, tried the same magnets on my keggle and they didn't stick.

Latest posts