Stainless Perlicks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sama

Reaction score
Ive had 525ss perlicks for a fair while now,no issues...i had a banner held onto my keg fridge with magnets for mates birthday.grabbed a magnet,placed on perlick.wtf...the lever it dont stick to,the body it does..low grade stainless or obviously not stainless?? supplier is about to get an email.grrr..check yours out for me guys before i blow up at them!

IMAG0673.jpg

Magnets tend to stick to my keggles. Obviously low grade eh?.....

Magnets tend to stick to my keggles. Obviously low grade eh?.....

Magnets don't stick to Braumeisters but they do stick to so called SS urns and some Aussie kegs.

As far as the Stainless Perlicks, you've been ripped. Magnets should not stick to good grade stainless.

yeh i know 300 grade staino isnt magnetic,if thats what you meen by good
...i would think this is a mistake/error on the companys behalf not a blatant ripoff

I've got stainless (525) and chrome plated (545) Perlicks. Magnets stick to neither of them.

Magnets don't stick to Braumeisters but they do stick to so called SS urns and some Aussie kegs.

I believe cold rolling 304 stainless results in it becoming magnetic, which would be how the urns and kegs are manufactured, so doesn't necessarily mean a cheaper grade of stainless.

so how do you know there all not chromed brass florian?

I believe cold rolling 304 stainless results in it becoming magnetic, which would be how the urns and kegs are manufactured, so doesn't necessarily mean a cheaper grade of stainless.

304 is a cheaper stainless

304 is a cheaper stainless

Generally when I think of cheap stainless i'm thinking of the 400 crap as used in cheap kitchen items. But if we're using 316 as the benchmark then yeah ok.

so how do you know there all not chromed brass florian?

Good point. The stainless ones came in boxes which had them declared at stainless, not that that proves anything.
The chrome plated ones look a bit shinier than the stainless, like a cheaper fake shine, more what I associate with chrome plated and the same as my chrome plated tap handles look. Not that I would know anything.

high powered magnet stick to perlicks too, not really fussed, they serve great beer!!!

high powered magnet stick to perlicks too, not really fussed, they serve great beer!!!

yeh i was using a permanent magnet.Still im sure any 300 series stainless is non magnetic regardless.Must be 400.If ya aint fussed then why didnt you buy the chromies?The perm magnet wont stick to the lever which i would say is 300 series

i must add scratches on them do not reveal any brass etc.

yeh i was using a permanent magnet.Still im sure any 300 series stainless is non magnetic regardless.Must be 400.If ya aint fussed then why didnt you buy the chromies?The perm magnet wont stick to the lever which i would say is 300 series

I take your point, clearly SS was the what i wanted when i bought them, tried the same magnets on my keggle and they didn't stick.

Latest posts

Back