Stainless Fittings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrogster

Reaction score
Hello brewers,

I'm in the process of building a new brew kettle from an old keg. Today I went shopping for stainless fittings (ball valve, hose tail etc). I went to Geordi Stainless in Cheltenham, Melbourne. I just wanted to let other Melbourne brewers know that this place has a huge rang eof great stuff and they are very helpful. I even got a discount for cash! Their website www.geordi.com.au is also handy as it has detailed pictures of all the parts so you can work out what you need in advance. I have no connection to the company, I'm just a satisfied customer.

Cheers,

scrogster

What bits did you buy and what did it cost?

I got a collection of half-inch BSP fittings for my brew kettle:

two-piece full port ball valve
150mm length of threaded tube
hose tail
lock nut
90 degree elbow
barrel nipple

the elbow and barrel nipple are to form a pick up tube to get the wort below the level of the hole where the ball valve is plumbed in out.

total list price was $75, they charged me $70 cash.

cheers,

scrogster

Yes and Geordi also give the "homebrewers" discount if you speak to the right guy.

They are good on the SS all thread and stuff like that. For taps though I reckon you can do quite a bit cheaper such as Industrial Fittings.

Back