Stainless electric element

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoff71

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with the electric stainless elements that are 2200w , the ones that are look like a straight bar? Looking to go all grain electric but wondering how many elements do i need to get a rolling boil and if there are wort scorching issues. Like to hear people's experiences with these types of elements.

Might add I'm looking to build my setup so that I can produce a double batch so will need the ability get a rolling boil for about 50 liters of wort.

Welcome to the forums shoff71. If you type "keg king element" into the search bar at the top right of the page you should get plenty of hits with what you are after. From memory, for a 50lt batch you would need 2 elements to attain a rolling boil and then one only to maintain the boil.

The keg king elements have had some trouble with rust and burning out in the past, but they have been redesigned recently.

FWIW I have one of the new ones in my HLT and haven't had any dramas with it. Heats my 50L of water to mash/sparge temp fairly quickly. Only about 4 brews old, but so far so good.

Back