Stainless Container

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crusher

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Am building up my equipment to have my first go at A.G.& was given this stainless container this morning off a friend. I was wondering where I might be best using it in the A.G. process. Any ideas welcome. I already have a H.L.T. Dimensions are D.400mm+H400mm Its heavy duty stainless.
Thanks Crusher

DSCF5707.JPG

Looks like a double boiler to me Johnno (meant to sit inside/on top of a large pot of boiling water). Not sure where you could use it. Guess you could boil in it and syphon out of it but it doesn't look big enough and you'd definitely need a steel frame to hold it and I don't know how effecient it would be as all that heat would be quickly whipping up the side to the handles.

A decoction pot? That's about all I can think of but even so a $15 pot with a flat bottom from Kmart would be better IMO. Sorry, can't think of anything.

Cheers, Justin

Crusher, bing an ex pastry cook I can tell you that is a mixing bowl probably off a 60 lt Hobart cake mixer. Not much use as a boiler because of the curved base, Put a ball tap in the bottom and a lid on top and you could probably turn it into a semi conical fermenter.
Andrew

That looks like the bowl for a giant mix master type machine. I remember using those a very long time back when I worked in donut manufacturing.

cheers

Might making an interesting hat at a HB party :lol: <_<

Stick it underneath your grain mill perhaps?
Cheers

Latest posts

Back