St Pats Order

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A container?

OMG !

Let me at it!

BrentonSpear said:
Hoops,

I did some calcs using the info in your post and it seems even $300AUD worth of stuff with $65 of postage will attract a duty & GST if I bring it in via standard <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=mail&v=56">mail</a>.

Postage = $65
$300 x 0.05 = $15 (Value 1)
$300 + 65 + 15 = $380 x 0.1 = $38 (Value 2)

$15 + $38 = $53

Is this right?? Maybe this only applies if you bring it in via courier (UPS).

I have brought in gear via USPS before totalling about $700 including postage and not had any problems. The prices were clearly displayed on the package.
Brenton
those calcs are correct so if they wanted to they could hit you with the $53 duty/GST fee. It seems that there has been a few cases of orders well over that limit that have gone through no worries so I may just try next order and see what happens, maybe they only do it for really big orders as it's probably too much stuffing around for $50.
Doesn't matter how it's mailed the rule of $50 still applies. Check out the link I posted on the other thread (follow link above) to the Customs website. If in doubt ring or email them.
Hoops

Back