St Pats Order

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I checked again, that is definately the impression that I get, extra for the hose fitting of your choice.

If we are still coming up a few bucks short of the minimum, I would take an additional aeration stone and barb - necessary for double batches.

Dreamboat

I fitted an airstone in this set-up , wort runs through here after the CFWC , then on to the fermenter , drops into the fermenter as well increasing airation as well

Another angle

Of course it was not plumbed up at this stage

ok - think dreamboat is right - order me
2 difuser stones + 2 ss barbs.
3 gallon keg if it is ball lock.
2 x picnic faucets

Let me know about the th 3 gallon keg - if it comes ball lock.

Thanks

Ken...

Ken
The 3 Gal kegs they had were pin lock and they don't have an of those kegs anymore - all sold.

Batz and Dreamboat
you are both getting a diffuser, barb and filter which cost U$23.00. For U$23.25 you can get the "aeration system w/o pump with vinyl tubing" which is what you're getting already but with vinyl tubing for an extra 25c. Do you guys want that or stick with separate items?
Hoops

I'll take the upgrade hoops

i'll spring the extra 25c too.
plus, put me down for a second stone and barb.

dreamboat

Righto
I have sent them an email and are waiting for a reply.
As soon as I hear something I will let you all know.
Hoops

Great Stuff Hoops!

Hopefully this all works out well for those involved, and the freight doesn't kill us...

dreamboat

Yeah, shipping's my main concern now. Hopefully not too excessive.

Hey,
I see more beer has diffusion stones for 12.50 US.
chhers
Darren

what was the ost govt limit before you start paying duty and what is the xcess?

cheers
d

I have a couple of friends going to the US in the next couple of weeks and will be providing a suitcase for him to fill with gear from St Pats :)

Anyone know the $ limit for gear you can bring back into AUS? There will be two people so they can split it between them.

Some technical questions:

1. For dial thermometers, what does MNPT & FNPT mean?
2. What connections should I get on the CFWC?

big d said:
what was the ost govt limit before you start paying duty and what is the xcess?

cheers
d
Dave
the limit is about U$250 (ours is around U$500) so we will be up for duty and GST however I have read some peoples posts saying they have had largers orders and not paid duty/GST. (Fingers crossed :ph34r: )
Duty is 5% and GST is 10%.
Duty is for goods only, GST is for goods + postage + duty.
Rule is - duty + GST is AUD$50+ you pay duty+GST
If duty + GST is less than AUD$50 then they don't bother collecting.
Hoops

BrentonSpear said:
I have a couple of friends going to the US in the next couple of weeks and will be providing a suitcase for him to fill with gear from St Pats :)

Anyone know the $ limit for gear you can bring back into AUS? There will be two people so they can split it between them.

Some technical questions:

1. For dial thermometers, what does MNPT mean?
Righto, I'll send you then list then hey? ;)

Haven't been overseas so don't know about a limit. I thought there was a tax free limit and anything over that you pay GST on, so I don't think there is a restriction as such.
MNPT means Male National Pipe Thread.
FNPT means Female National Pipe Thread.
check out this page from St Pats.
Not sure on fittings for the CFWC, maybe send them and email?
Hoops

BrentonSpear said:
I Some technical questions:

1. For dial thermometers, what does MNPT & FNPT mean?
NPT is the thread size , it is very similar to BSP

The M and F would be Male or Female threads

I don't think you need any fittings with your CFWC , standard garden hose fittings fit the cooling water , 1/2" tubing will push over the wort intake and outlet

Batz

so if ive read your post correctly hoops i can purchase goods to the equivalent of 250 usa dollars.which comes to about but not accurately 500 aust dollars

Thanks Hoops & Bats. So are NPT threads compatible with what we have here in AUS?

I am just looking at valves and tee's and thinking that this suitcase may get a little heavy ;)

Back