St Pats Order

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoops

Reaction score
Unfortunately with St Pats U$300 min order I would need to combine an order with another couple of people.
I am looking at getting the following from St Pats
diffuserSSadapter.jpg
&
diffuserswagelok.jpg
for an in keg carbonator +
InlineDiffTherSS.jpg
to hook up to a CFWC

and hopefully end up with something like this in the future.....
post-9-1075964980.jpg

That's about U$100 plus I'll probably get some other small bits and pieces.
Anyone else after something from St Pats? Convoluted Counterflow Wort Chiller?

You've come in at just the right time hoops, there are a few things that I've been looking at buying that I want to buy. However I'll have to go and have a browse on the St. Pats site as I don't look at that site anymore due to the $300 thing, I've only been looking at morebeer and NB. I'll PM you and see if we can work something out.

Cheers, JD

Edit: Just looking at their site now, pity they only seem to ship with UPS. That's going to drive the price up considerably compared to if they shipped with USPS. UPS is a crap load dearer to ship with over USPS. Oh well, we'll see how it goes.

I was just thinking about asking the same question myself.

What the hell is some of that stuff though hoops?

jgriffin said:
I was just thinking about asking the same question myself.

What the hell is some of that stuff though hoops?
John
The 1st pic is their 0.5 micron diffusion stone which can be used to:
1. disolve air into your cooled wort prior to pitching yeast, and
2. put in a keg using a compression fitting (2nd pic) and a length of SS tube so that you can force carbonate your keg of beer. (takes about 10 min)

The 3rd pic is an inline carbonation fitting with a temp gauge. You basically have it on the output (cold side) of your Counter flow wort chiller (or cool wort from the kettle) and it passes through the 1st T piece which has one of the aeration stones (pic1) in it, then through the second T which has the probe of the dial thermometer, then out to your fermenter.
It is a quick easy to way to aerate your wort and monitor it's temp out of your CFWC into your fermenter. It costs U$71 and considering those bi-metalic dial thermometers are around or over AUD$100 it's a good price.

The final pic is someones counterflow wort chiller that has a built in pump, aeration stone and temp gauge. :)

Justin said:
Just looking at their site now, pity they only seem to ship with UPS. That's going to drive the price up considerably compared to if they shipped with USPS. UPS is a crap load dearer to ship with over USPS. Oh well, we'll see how it goes.
Didn't realize that. They always make it harder than it has to be don't they! Well if it looks like we might get an order together we will see how much the postage will cost and see if it's still worth ordering or not.
Geez I'd love to go over to the USA with a shipping container and just fill the prick up with homebrew gear.
Hoops

Nah, sorry Hoops I'm out. There doesn't seem to be anything that I really need (yeah right!! ;) ). I was looking for bimetal thermometers (I don't really like the ones St. Pats are offering) and they don't have weldless kits included so I might get these from Brewtree. Also looking for a march pump too but they don't have them either.

I'll get my faucets from RCB. As I want 4 it will be cheaper.
But all these can wait for the moment as I'm not in that great a rush.

Gee I want one of those convoluted wort chillers though, that's the only thing tempting me, however I'm still thinking that I might make my own. Q. How much do you think it's going to end up costing for a CV CFWC Hoops? The problem is I'd then have to have it sent from you down to Tassie which I'm thinking is probably going to end up working out cheaper if I just bought my own and got it sent straight down here. AusPost will do me no favours.

Thanks Hoops, good luck finding parteners.

Cheers, Justin

What's the point of the carbonation stone though? Why is it better than just the normal method?

Regardless, i wouldn't mind one of their aeration kits.

Justin
no idea on the cost to post the Convoluted Wort Chiller but I may email them to find out about it's weight and size and a few other bits and pieces. If so I'll let you know.

John
when you say "why better than the normal method?" what do you do? What do you mean normal method?

Sorry i was reading their site where they were talking about hooking up the stone to the gs tube in the keg to carbonate the beer. Why bother?

Anyway, i wonder if their convoluted cfwc can be used without a wort pump? I'm not sure how well it would flow with just gravity.

You can certainly do without an "in keg carbonator". If you want to gas a keg instantly or it's undercarbonated or flat you can use it. Good if you're impatient and can't wait for the beer to carbonate normally.

jgriffin,
Many people use one of these CFWC , without a pump , just gravity feed and they work very well this way

I have been at a brew day at GMK's he uses this method

The idea of the airstone on the keg dip tude is to assist in getting the CO2 dispersed into the beer better

Cool thanks. Then i am interested in the CFWC and the complete aeration kit, 1/2 dozen corny seal kits, and a couple of disconnects.

The airation pack comes with a pump , US is 110v , will not work on our 240v supply , buy your pump here

jgriffin said:
Cool thanks. Then i am interested in the CFWC and the complete aeration kit, 1/2 dozen corny seal kits, and a couple of disconnects.
John
I am getting an aeration stone with a barb and a compression fitting, that way I can use it either with a piece of hose or with a length of SS tube. That's all you really need, maybe a filter, then as Batz said get an aquariam pump locally.
Hoops

I think I might get a refractometer too - U$49

hoops

i want:
an in-line 0.5micron diffuser
2 x picnic faucets
1 x 3 gallon keg

let me know if u order them and the cost...
Thanks
Ken...

Ken
a quick look at the website looks like they only have pin lock 3Gal kegs. I have sent an email to find out if they have ball lock 3Gal kegs. I'll let you know their answer.
Hoops

Put me down for an aeration stone, and a 0.1 micron filter.
Looks like I need the s/s barb as well. Would probably struggle to get s/s NPT fittings here....
Cheap insurance for a good yeast crop I reckon.

dreamboat

Dreamboat - i thought they came with the ss barb?

Doesn't look like it to me.
Seems that you get the stone - threaded, then have to buy the fitting to match what you want to do with it, be it a barb for tube, or a nut/olive arrangement for connecting to rigid tube....

Or I could have the wrong end of the stick...

dreamboat

Back