St Pat's Convoluted Counter Flow Wort Chiller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wardy

Reaction score
I've got a brand new CCWC from St Pats. Bought it about 10 months ago, never been used. still in box. Cost of course was $100 US, and with freight and customs clearance cost me about $300 landed.
Thought i would offer it to you guys before putting it on ebay. Would like $275, anyway, PM me if any interest.

wardy said:
Cost of course was $100 US, and with freight and customs clearance cost me about $300 landed.

Why was there custom's clearance required for the CFWC? Freight via economy should have been only about $35, in total US$135 or AUS$180, so it wouldn't have been over the maximum value?

Cheers
MAH

Hi Wardy,
Interested in getting a CCWC at some stage, but the price sounds a bit pricey, cf what it might cost for a Chillus Convolutus via surface from B3(a bit under $200 I would guess). Good luck with the sale though.

cheers
roach

yeah, had to freight through my company to get around St Pat's min order. My company put it on their UPS account and charged me accordingly. Was $160 from the company (was here in 3 days). That was mostly because St Pat's wanted min order of $300 for outside US... so i had it shipped to our local supplier in california and he then sent to us.

Understand the freight scenario is not as most people would have done, but as i said, willing to take offers. afterall, it is available immediately (ie next day) for anyone who doesn't want to wait, or doesn't meet the minimum order $$$ spend criteria.

I ahve one of these bought from St Pats - had a mate who had a mate in the US coming out to AUS - brought it out with him on the plane as hand luggage.
Never ever again he said - all the xray machines/metal detectors etc he had to go through and expalin it etc...Not Happy Jan.

But - they work really well - everyone who has seen mine in action cant believe how efficient they are.
They are also heavy - due to all the extra turbulence created inside from the spiralling copper - i have to pump the wort thru mine - gravity is just way too slow.

Good luck with the sale - so why are you selling it?

yes, i am sad to be selling it... despite never being used, it was the pride of the brewery!! My household is down to 1 income (mine) and the head gasket needs replacing on one of the vehicles.... time to shed the excess, which the wife considers to be all my toys (remote control cars etc, and everything i haven't used in 12 months).

wardy said:
yes, i am sad to be selling it... despite never being used, it was the pride of the brewery!! My household is down to 1 income (mine) and the head gasket needs replacing on one of the vehicles.... time to shed the excess, which the wife considers to be all my toys (remote control cars etc, and everything i haven't used in 12 months).
[post="81195"][/post]​

Mate - That sounds really Nasty....

What car is it - I take it there is no "other alternatives"....

I see St Pats have discontinued selling the $US99 CCWCand are moving to commercial chillers for breweries. So I suppose if you are keen on the St Pats chiller this would be a rare chance to grab one.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Wardy.

cheers
roach

I have one of these , as GMK says they are wonderful chillers

Got mine from "morebeer' couple of years back $99 US
I can't remember the freight cost , but there were no extra's costs

Batz

Wardy.

Given that Morebeer sells chiller convolutus for $109.00US plus postage is only about $38.00, I offer you $150.00Au.

:chug:
PeterS....

One of the BBC Guys wants one - we will offer 185.00

Back