St Arnou Premium Blonde

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzafish

Reaction score
Hi,

After a search on this forum, nothing seemed to come up that helped.

I want to brew a beer like the St Arnou Premium Blonde.

I generally do extract/partial brews as my AG system is still in the gathering stage.

Basically what I am after is some guide recepes.

Anything would be a help...

Cheers,
Jarrad

Hi Jazza,

I've tried that beer on tap at The Lion, but I won't be much help with suggesting a recipe for it. When I tried it it was really thin and metallic, and could be replicated with a Coopers Canadian Blonde tin and a kilo of sugar. However, I've heard at least one other person say it was good, so I wonder if they have consistency issues.

I tried one on tap in North Sydney recently, for AG then Pilsner + light munich, hops were Tettnanger, don't think there would be too much more to it.

It really didn't excite me too much, thought it was too top heavy on the malt's IMO. Then again, I tried it after a bottle of LCPA.

Thanks guys,

I had it while I was on tour in melb... went to the young and jackson for a few matilda bay dogbolters. A friend of mine was on the St Arnou Blondes and when I tried it I thaught it would be a good drop on a hot summers day.

Think I'll give the pilsner and light munich with some Tettnager a go. May give something close to what I want.

What do you think the IBU's were?

Back