Ss Brewtech "Chronical" 7 Gallon Conical Fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florian

Back On Track
Reaction score
Seeing the info on these is scattered over a few threads, none of which actually carry the product name in the title, I thought I'd start a dedicated one that we can use for all things Chronical (But please no clock jokes...).

I've just heard from Gary at Newera Brewing that my chronical is sheduled to arrive in Brisbane in July. :)

There are only 30 of them left up for grabs on that delivery, all others seem to be spoken for already. Next delivery after that is end of August.

I found a bit of a review on the Chronical on our sister forum.

And just for completion some links that have been posted previously:

https://www.newerabrewing.com.au/products.html

http://www.ssbrewtech.com/products/7-gallon-chronical

http://youtu.be/Gusm8fnuDzQ

No deposit yet for me, mate. Just contact him via the ETA button on the product page, he'll put your name on the list and it all goes from there.

Hi all thanks for the interest I can confirm there is a small qty of 7 Gal Conicals (Chronicals) coming in July the supplier Ss Brewtech can not keep up with production they have over 2000 back order at the moment. There is around 30 pieces of unallocated stock so please contact us via the web site if you wish to put your name on one or more. Stock limitations only apply to 7 Gal Chronicals. The Brew bucket which is due in July has adequate stock coming in however plenty of orders on that as well.

If anyone is interested in larger units we are looking at bringing in a limited amount of the 17 Galon half barrel units into the country by Aug/Sept pricing will be up on web site shortly but expect very good value.

If anyone has any further questions please don't hesitate to contact me via web site.

Also just to clarify if you have contacted me via email or through the web site you are on the list there will be a presale for these products however until we get confirmation that they are on there way we don't expect or require anyone to put any money down. When the product is in transit we will process your orders via pay pal and that way if you change your mind no problem to refund before it gets here. I can confirm that we can accommodate local pickup from Brisbane just have to let me know when as we don't have a show room. Freight is tricky so if you want a freight quote just let me know your location and will let you know but if your on the east coast then it will be bad but let me know and I will give you a more accurate price. If you miss out on these units don't worry we will have more stock arriving in late August.

Post deleted...measurements are now on the site :)

I really like the look of the brew bucket, except it needs a thermowell to be any real use to my needs.

Sorry should Clarify my last post Freight on Eastern side of Australia is not too bad Freight to WA, NT and SA is not quiet as good.

Also as per Brew bucket with Thermo well there is talk of such a mystical beast being produced however we probably will not see in Australia this year as its still in the design phase.

Regards

Gary

Dumb question, can I mash and boil in these (and thenferment of course)?

Hi No its not an all in one unit sorry its only for fermenting. Such devices do exist however I would leave it up to the more experienced among us here to offer advise on something that does all three.

Ah, so don't apply direct flame to it.

What's the maximum temperature of any liquid you can put in it?

If only the brew bucket had a hole/valve on the bottle of the cone.......

spryzie said:
Ah, so don't apply direct flame to it.

What's the maximum temperature of any liquid you can put in it?
I'd say you could easily no chill in these. Happy to be corrected...

That's a good question its 304 grade stainless steel so the temp of the liquid wouldn't be an issue it will handle very hot liquid temps is just not the what its designed to do. Again there are far more qualified people on this site to answer this however general rule of fermenting is you try and get as close to your pitch temp as possible ie when it goes from the kettle to the fermenter it usually needs to be chilled as quickly as possible (watch this space in the future for an interesting possible product to do this) Then it goes to the fermenter as close to were you want to pitch your yeast so for Ale it would be 18 and larger lower. So although the unit could take hot temps it really shouldn't come to that.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
If only the brew bucket had a hole/valve on the bottle of the cone.......
Hi are you thinking so you could drop the trub through the hole and take off the yeast cake. If so watch this space there is strong talk of a pro series bucket with just that feature plus a thermo well but no real time frame or price expect it to be at best end of the year. And between current bucket and conical

Sweet. I'm just thinking it would be a great no chill cube.

Poor in boiled wort, seal. Pitch yeast 24 hours later. No more plastic fermenter or cubes!

My only concern is metal expansion around the ball joint.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
I'd say you could easily no chill in these. Happy to be corrected...
No Chilling should be fine I assume you mean taking it from kettle to fermenter and not using any form of cooling device in between sure I you can do that however again I think best practice is still to cool as quickly as possible to avoid infection although less chance of infection in stainless steel then plastic

spryzie said:
Sweet. I'm just thinking it would be a great no chill cube.

Poor in boiled wort, seal. Pitch yeast 24 hours later. No more plastic fermenter or cubes!

My only concern is metal expansion around the ball joint.
Again if you made sure it was properly sanitized and what not then should be okay the silicon gasket is pretty good as far as air and lquid goes obviously still got an airlock on it. Don't think there would be any issues around the ball joint as these are the real deal and very high quality any liquid you put in is still going to cool pretty quick.

Back