SS BrewTech Brewmaster Bucket in a small fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goatus

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for advice from existing brew bucket users before I buy one of these things - OK, if they weren't sold out nationwide it would already in the mail ;-) However:

• How wide is the thermowell? My plan is to use a BrewPi to manage temps, I use these DS18B20 sensors (6mm diameter), will these work ok with the brewmaster thermowell?
    temp-sensor-ds18b20-waterproof-_rj12-3.jpg
  • Website says height of the unit is 521mm, my fermenting fridge will give me ~535mm, so i might have to be a bit creative with the blow off tube setup. I am thinking maybe a little elbow to make a 90 degree turn as soon as it pops out of the stopper? Does the stopper pop up higher than the 521mm? Any pics of people with similar setups?
Thanks all

How wide is your ferm fridge? My bar fridge size ferm fridge was only just wide enough for my brewbucket (non brewmaster version) and it was a bugger to get in and out of the fridge. Upgraded with a free fridge from a club member.

I covered the hole in the stopper on the first brew with a bottle cap, but I am moving to a blow off tube set up as well.

silicone hose fits directly into the top hole of the BB.
Can use cling wrap too if you have space limiting factors.

Also, those little Steri-locks have a pretty low profile if you're not expecting krausen blow off.

Les the Weizguy said:
silicone hose fits directly into the top hole of the BB.
Can use cling wrap too if you have space limiting factors.
Ahh nice, I didn't think of the hose directly in the hole. If I can make a turn without kinking the hose that should work.

crowmanz said:
How wide is your ferm fridge? My bar fridge size ferm fridge was only just wide enough for my brewbucket (non brewmaster version) and it was a bugger to get in and out of the fridge.
Width shouldn't be an issue, I'm thinking it may be a bit of a pain in the ass to put in and out with the height issue, but the payoff is I scored a sweet glass doored fridge so I can admire my stainless, so ill take the pain for the bling factor :lol:

fridge.jpg

Back