SS brewmaster or brew bucket?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone give me the dimensions of. The SS brewmaster as I'm finding it a bit difficult to find online. Just out of curiosity to see if it would fit in my fermenting fridge. Not that I have any plans to get one. No, definitely not.

That's just a waterproof case from Bunnings to keep any moisture away from the power lead connections to the heat pad Yob.
Better sure than sorry.

Edit ---- Brew Bucket is 530mm high x 337mm at widest point (including clips). The hump in my ferm fridge in the above pic is 240mm high with the space between it & the door seal 340mm. Brewmaster should be something similar.
Hope this helps?

Cheers TP. Just out of interest, again I've got no plans to buy one (honest :ph34r:), what's the different between the brewmaster bucket and brewbucket? From what I can tell - thermowell and an LCD thermometer.

Haven't looked to closely but I'd say that's about it.
Brewmaster should be the same size but with the extra gizmos.
Others will know for sure.

spog said:
Advice asked for and advice/opinions given,ah don't ya love the HB hobby.
Now all you need to do is decide what will suit you best... Gravity 3 tier,herms,Biab,pumps,grains and storage,hops,recipes,bottles,kegs,kegerators,co2 cylinder buy or rent,chill or no chill,beer engines,labels,gadgets and gizmo's.
Aaaand mowing the lawn,work,family.....etc.
:)
Cheers....spog....

Sure is handy that's for sure,
Got a 20lt BM, keg fridge and all the bits so replacing the old plastic fermenter was the last thing on the list (so far) :)

For people looking for a cheap thermowell option, maybe search e-bay for big stainless steel knitting needles.

SS needles.jpg

For example: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/22Pcs-11-Sizes-14-36cm-Stainless-Steel-Single-Pointed-Knitting-Needles-Tool-/310964599720?pt=AU_Knitting&hash=item4866ef3ba8

For $8.69 with free shipping you can get 22 x 36cm long, stainless knitting needles. They are hollow. And the point is already closed off - no need to weld or solder closed. The tapered point also allows you to wedge the temp probe in, especially if you apply a little thermal paste.

To use in a fermentor: Cut knob off needle; insert needle through drilled out bung; insert bung into hole in fermentor lid; insert temp probe inside needle.

Feldon said:
For people looking for a cheap thermowell option, maybe search e-bay for big stainless steel knitting needles.

attachicon.gif
SS needles.jpg

For example: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/22Pcs-11-Sizes-14-36cm-Stainless-Steel-Single-Pointed-Knitting-Needles-Tool-/310964599720?pt=AU_Knitting&hash=item4866ef3ba8

For $8.69 with free shipping you can get 22 x 36cm long, stainless knitting needles. They are hollow. And the point is already closed off - no need to weld or solder closed. The tapered point also allows you to wedge the temp probe in, especially if you apply a little thermal paste.

To use in a fermentor: Cut knob off needle; insert needle through drilled out bung; insert bung into hole in fermentor lid; insert temp probe inside needle.
That's an excellent idea, I have been wondering where I could get some cheap thermowell's from.

With the stainless needles, just make sure the internal diameter is large enough to accommodate your temp probe.

Here’s those pics of the BB lid with soldered thermowell Camo.

Feldon’s knitting needles look good. The two biggest seem large enough to take a 6mm dia probe like mine.

Solder Bottom View.JPG

Solder Top View.JPG

Feldon said:

attachicon.gif
SS needles.jpg

They look pretty good. How do you know they're hollow, i'm guessing you're using one?

What to do with the other 21 knitting needles, hmmm ........get another hobby? Knitting and home brewing.

I could knit a cozy for my urn.

The decision for me was easy, I had been waiting for the brewmaster to come along since the original brew bucket came out. Being able to put the fridge temp controller into the thermowell is what I was after for better control and accuracy. I didn't want to do this myself / didn't want to modify the unit as it came.

I'm looking forward to the delivery (pre ordered from newera brewing) hopefully late next week if all goes to plan with their shipping.

Latest posts

Back