Ss Ball Valve On Hlt Damged By Heat

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
You probably already do this but my SS ball valves on my Hot Liquor tank, I think get damaged by the heat from the burners and leak.

So I have made an copper pipe extension to prolong the life of the valves as they are quite expensive .

1) can the SS ball valves be serviced ?
2) Should the ball valve cope with the heat?
3) is there a simpler way around the problem ?

Pumpy

You reckon John I will pull one apart , I got it from either Blackwoods or Pirtek , what is it that wears out probably a teflon seal

Pumpy

Pumpy one think i noticed about you htemp prob wouldnt that be a bit low to the heat source to get an accurate reading ,if u were using a nasa burner i would think that the temp would be incorrect as being so cloese the the heat source

Pumpy said:
You reckon John I will pull one apart , I got it from either Blackwoods or Pirtek , what is it that wears out probably a teflon seal

Pumpy
[post="47795"][/post]​

When i was buying mine from Tony Powell in Brisvegas, he explained that the 3 piece ones are for industries where the teflon seal around the ball gets worn out (such as from really nasty chemicals).

Jazman its 2" from the bottom it really is fantastic no problems with the accuracy

Pumpy

Thanks John I will pullit apart and try to get the kit

Latest posts

Back