Spunding Valve

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct, not for this version.

I originally had it connected direct to the gas disconnect but the height was to tall to fit into the chest freezer I'm planning to put the kegmenters in.

The JG fitting and gas line replace the swivel adapter.
Have you tested it does it work ok ? What length of hose is needed or doesn't matter ? Any problems with bsp to npt ? I did talk to my local blackwood team , they reckon use a good thick thread tap and should be fine.

Have you tested it does it work ok ? What length of hose is needed or doesn't matter ? Any problems with bsp to npt ? I did talk to my local blackwood team , they reckon use a good thick thread tap and should be fine.

Yep, works fine and currently holding 14 PSI on a Weizen.

Hose length doesn't matter.

The JG fitting screwed in without issue and holds pressure fine without any thread tape.

@malt junkie any news re the buy?

If there's anything I can do to assist, definitely let me know. My job does not require me to work very hard and I get bored (hence why I brew so damn often)

@malt junkie any news re the buy?

If there's anything I can do to assist, definitely let me know. My job does not require me to work very hard and I get bored (hence why I brew so damn often)
:bowdown::fallingoffchair:
News aint good, I've sent emails and PM on HBT, with no response, however it is the silly season, and Bobby could well be under the pump. I also did my numbers on a mass order off their site, and there is a saving ordering 20 or more, however not enough to cover outward postage from me to you. So I bit the bullet and order 2 for myself, these should be arriving mid week. I'll definitely write something up when they get in and I start testing. I haven't completely given up and will try again early in the new year.

Mike

That's a shame. Let's hope you're right about silly season - I think you are.

Correct, not for this version.

I originally had it connected direct to the gas disconnect but the height was to tall to fit into the chest freezer I'm planning to put the kegmenters in.

The JG fitting and gas line replace the swivel adapter.
What size JG fitting on the gas connect ?

Could you run multiple kegs with a manifold and 1 spunding pressure relief valve?

With the amazon valve do we still need a psi gauge? As we can set them by the markings ?

markings are a bit random on mine, suggest you use a gauge

Really, only reason I got one was for the reliability . Kind of disappointing to hear after spending money on it .

the two i have a different from each other and the markings

they are WAY better than the cheap ones like keg king have

a easy way to use it is to buy the cheap sunding setup, screw off the cheap spund and screw on your good one, it's what i did, i bought two of the cheap ones a while back and upgraded the spund with these from the WEAL bulk buy.
no regrets investing the extra :)

you could work it off your CO2 reg and come up with the "real" range of your valve
write it down and every now and then re-check

all that said my gauges could be out.... i should swap the valves set at a know set point and test the gauges....

the two i have a different from each other and the markings

they are WAY better than the cheap ones like keg king have

a easy way to use it is to buy the cheap sunding setup, screw off the cheap spund and screw on your good one, it's what i did, i bought two of the cheap ones a while back and upgraded the spund with these from the WEAL bulk buy.
no regrets investing the extra :)

you could work it off your CO2 reg and come up with the "real" range of your valve
write it down and every now and then re-check

all that said my gauges could be out.... i should swap the valves set at a know set point and test the gauges....
Cheers for the feedback.

If all your fermentations start at the same time and go for the same amount of time, yes, but better to build a manifold and flush out the empty kegs with the co2 from the fermentation.
1 of my brew mates is putting a john guest splitter fitting in to run a 2nd fermenter. I'm thinking they'd need to be of similar gravity ? Not 100% sure on that tho .

I built my manifold and realised afterwards that the possibility of running 3,4,even 5 ferments would be nigh impossible. But if you pressure ferment as it was intended (see Teri Fahrendorf Closed System Pressurised Fermentation) then you possibly could run more than one ferment and close the valve to carbonate the beer naturally. Making pseudo lagers is different technique again.
My manifold build link. https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/fermenting-under-pressure.66163/page-22

markings are a bit random on mine, suggest you use a gauge
I'm not sure if I am correct or not but I think that the grading might correlate to the percentage of the valves capacity. So 100 may be the absolute minimum or maximum setting and like everone is saying the only way to determine what pressure it is set to is to use a guage.

Back