Spunding Valve

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've changed my spunding valve setup so that I can just lay them on top of the kegmenters.

This setup will allow me to buy a chest freezer for fermenting which will fit both of my 26L kegmenters at the same time as connecting the tee piece direct to the gas disconnect made it all too high to fit.

IMG_20171122_134003.jpg

I have four kegmenters and I do double batches, meaning two kegmenters contain the same beer and ferment at the same rate (assuming yeast pitch rate is the same). Could I share a spunding valve across both?

I was thinking about sharing one across all four kegmenters initally - but I assume there'd be some cross-kegmenter aroma contamination and should only share spunding valves to other kegmenters with the same beer.

Currently for one with shipping comes to US$61 for 20 comes to US$886, a significant saving there without getting a discount or specific shipping, the other thing is I'd probably ask them to drop the ball lock connector(I think we all have one or can get one without the expense of shipping it around the world). Like I said I'll chase this down over the next couple of weeks, don't be suprised if it hasn't kick off before december.

So how is this prospective BB going MJ?
I'd be keen on one if the price is right.

I have four kegmenters and I do double batches, meaning two kegmenters contain the same beer and ferment at the same rate (assuming yeast pitch rate is the same). Could I share a spunding valve across both?

I was thinking about sharing one across all four kegmenters initally - but I assume there'd be some cross-kegmenter aroma contamination and should only share spunding valves to other kegmenters with the same beer.

You could do the four if each line had a non return valve so nothing could flow back into the kegs, 4 lines then into a 4 way in connection to 1 out for the spunding valve.

What I'd really love to see on the market (HINT HINT, RETAILERS WATCHING THE THREAD), is a non-adjustable spunding valve. I would prefer a valve set at 15, 20, 25PSI - whatever suits my fermentation - to a valve with a dodgy little adjustment knob that can't be relied upon.
I can only assume such a device would be cheaper than the current valves since it wouldn't require a pressure gauge nor adjustability.

Pressure cooker valve like Dent knocked up ages ago

Pressure cooker valve like Dent knocked up ages ago
I'm keen, do you know where the details of that are? Tried the garbage search function but it didn't turn up anything except his posts about other DIY options, no mention of pressure cooker.

I haven't got it saved would have to do a search & read
If I come across it will post it up

Have contacted brewhardware, waiting for a reply. Keep an eye on the BB forum, it will be a case of first in best dressed, but don't frett if all goes well and there is enough reserves I'll do a second round.

MJ

Hell yeah, nice work MJ!
I swung by KK this morning & they're currently out of stock of spunding valves & the low pressure gauges :/

I've changed my spunding valve setup so that I can just lay them on top of the kegmenters.

This setup will allow me to buy a chest freezer for fermenting which will fit both of my 26L kegmenters at the same time as connecting the tee piece direct to the gas disconnect made it all too high to fit.

View attachment 109943
Nice , whats the parts used ?

So the swivel adapter not used , Cant see it in the pic ?

Correct, not for this version.

I originally had it connected direct to the gas disconnect but the height was to tall to fit into the chest freezer I'm planning to put the kegmenters in.

The JG fitting and gas line replace the swivel adapter.

Back